Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.0.04 Patch

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.0.03 Patch

Post by David »

Krankenhausen2 wrote:Which reminds me of another bug F_Software_AI. It happens when a subsidiary has a Software Company and the CEO is allowed to change R&D Projects (both must be true.)

It happens after a few days in the attached save. I can prevent it from happening if I uncheck the "change: R&D Projects" box in management policies, or if I demolish the software company
The two bugs you found will be fixed in the next patch.
kg79
Level 3 user

Post by kg79 »

Somewhere else I mentioned that my chairmen changes prices now, although he is not allowed to. It really seems that he adjustes the prices according to the inflation rate, as I saw it happen several times on the first day of a month, and it was always just a very low amount. This happens regardless of if you have checked the box to do it in the headquarter or not, and it happens even if you don't have any subsidiaries.

When you have subsidiaries there seems to be more chaos with pricing. Just an example:
I have a kind of a holding company where I am the chairman, I have a COO who just runs some supermarkets, a electronic store and a department store. Then there is a subsidiary for software, computer and telecomunication products, which again has a subsiadiary for computer stores and which is also ment to sell some low end computers. The direct subsiadiary of my holding is ment to put high end high quality stuff on the market, but it also produces the low end devices which the low end subsidiary relabels and sells. The game uses a modified setup, but I only took the logos and companies from REALWORLD and added some, enhanced the company details txt, and made some techs not beeing available from 1990 but later. The rest is basicly original setup with original products from the actual game. Just to understand, the main coprporatin structure is:
1. level: Metro Group with me as chairman
2. level A: SATURN for electronic stores, only retail
2. level B: Metro Systems (computer, software, phones, mainly producing and researching)
3. level B: Vobis Computer (just retailing computer, rebranding)

Now I have set up a computer store by Metro Systems und putting my chairman as the executive of this firm. The main reason for that was to have a kind of a showroom for the Metro Systems computers and software to control the prices in the city and to advertise the products. But here my chairman does not only change the prices in the way like I described before which seems for me to be a bug, here he seems to control the prices completely on his own and changes them as he likes. Remember: it's ME running this firm... I can imagine that the CEO of Metro Systems overwrites my prices. But this shouldn't happen when I put ME as the operator of the shop... It was never like that before Digital Age. But perhaps this problem has something to do with the other mentioned problem.

I can give you the save game, but as I said some things are modded there.

Just some other things. I write them here, but if this should better fit to the Digital Age section I can copy it. But it's hard to distinguish, as everything is connected in the game;-)

- When you take over a company producing software, the software from that company is always renamed to the typical AI-scheme: shortname of my company+softwaretype. There is no way to change it, as "New software" also just produces new versions when there is an older version.

- If you have created customized products for computers and laptops and then developed an OS for them, the OS is chained forever just to the custom hardware you picked, even in newer versions of the OS. I had made this mistake and produced an OS for custom 286 and 386 computers, and now I am not able either to create a new OS nor to include new hardware in coming versions. And I think customized hardware could have a really big strategical potential in the game, e.g. when you would create a branch of OSes which just work on your own products (okay, the AI also "clones" them;-)) Perhaps I don't understand the compatibility system correctly, but I thought if you select a customized computer when making an OS, it would mean the OS works at least on a computer with the defined tech level: so custom cpmuters with a higher level would be compatible. If it is ment that way there would also be a huge strategical potential, but then the tech level of the lowest custom computer selected should also affect the quality of the OS. You would have to determine if you want an OS which supports old hardware with lower tech level with a disadvantage in the resulting quality of the OS (and software running on it!) but with the advantage of a high basis of users at release, or if you want to push the whole market and make a high quality OS for new hardware with a lower user base but perhaps pushing the technology forward and impressing customers which increases sales of the new computers and decreasing sales of old ones... I hope you understand what I mean;-)

- Software firms can't be transfered from one company to another in the corporation. Is this intended or a bug? If you klick on the transfer firm button, you just can't do it.
David

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or email the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.
- Software firms can't be transfered from one company to another in the corporation. Is this intended or a bug? If you klick on the transfer firm button, you just can't do it.
It is intended.
- If you have created customized products for computers and laptops and then developed an OS for them, the OS is chained forever just to the custom hardware you picked, even in newer versions of the OS. I had made this mistake and produced an OS for custom 286 and 386 computers, and now I am not able either to create a new OS nor to include new hardware in coming versions. And I think customized hardware could have a really big strategical potential in the game, e.g. when you would create a branch of OSes which just work on your own products (okay, the AI also "clones" them;-)) Perhaps I don't understand the compatibility system correctly, but I thought if you select a customized computer when making an OS, it would mean the OS works at least on a computer with the defined tech level: so custom cpmuters with a higher level would be compatible. If it is ment that way there would also be a huge strategical potential, but then the tech level of the lowest custom computer selected should also affect the quality of the OS. You would have to determine if you want an OS which supports old hardware with lower tech level with a disadvantage in the resulting quality of the OS (and software running on it!) but with the advantage of a high basis of users at release, or if you want to push the whole market and make a high quality OS for new hardware with a lower user base but perhaps pushing the technology forward and impressing customers which increases sales of the new computers and decreasing sales of old ones... I hope you understand what I mean;-)
now I am not able either to create a new OS
The rationale for the current design is that there will be unfair advantages to the player if the player is allowed to create multiple OS products with the same tech. Imagine you only need to have one department of programmers working on OS tech and the tech can be used for developing both Windows and Mac OS, the develop cost spread over each OS will be only half of what it would cost otherwise, and there will be too much profits to generated this way, adversely affecting the gameplay balance. In real life, the tech underneath Mac OS and Windows are substantially different and the core tech cannot be shared.

I would suggest that you set up a subsidiary company for creating a new OS product.
include new hardware in coming versions
We will try to make this possible in the next version.
Jyms

Post by Jyms »

I think I found a bug Iam using version 5.0.01 and I am able to see the recipe to make DVD's in the manufacting guide menu, however as I don't have the digital dlc they are pointless as they are semi products but cant be used for anything.
David

Post by David »

Jyms wrote:I think I found a bug Iam using version 5.0.01 and I am able to see the recipe to make DVD's in the manufacting guide menu, however as I don't have the digital dlc they are pointless as they are semi products but cant be used for anything.
We will fix this in the next patch.
kg79
Level 3 user

Post by kg79 »

I will send you the savegame when I'm back on my PC where I run it. Version was the latest 5.0.03. But the MOD was my own. As I said I took the company names and logos from one of the last REALMOD versions and took it over to the standard mod kit and added some things. Do you need the RES file of the mod or the uncomiled folder? Besides that there were product customization used on some products.

With the OS I understand, this could be really too much money generated then. But if you want you still can do it via several subsidiaries. But i would appreciate to have the possibility to dump an existing OS or other software to create a new one. Perhaps the updates could take 6 months like now, but creating new software should take longer then but have the advantage to get bigger quality by chance with the same tech level as it would be with just an update.

Good to hear that you work on the hardware compatibility system, please provide us with detailed information how it works when it's finished.
David

Post by David »

I will send you the savegame when I'm back on my PC where I run it. Version was the latest 5.0.03. But the MOD was my own. As I said I took the company names and logos from one of the last REALMOD versions and took it over to the standard mod kit and added some things. Do you need the RES file of the mod or the uncomiled folder? Besides that there were product customization used on some products.
You may just send me the RES file and also the custom product images (zip all those subfolders containing the custom product images)
Good to hear that you work on the hardware compatibility system, please provide us with detailed information how it works when it's finished.
It is going to be very straightforward. You can just make a new software as usual and select the new type of hardware to be added to the OS on the hardware selection screen and the new version will include that hardware.
David

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.0.04 Patch

Post by David »

Patch v5.0.04 has been released. You may download it from: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=4629
Beldin

Post by Beldin »

After a brief period of "trying to break the game", I found a slight issue with subsidiary production classes. Steps to reproduce are quite simple...

- Set up a new subsidiary company.
- Choose a person with NO product expertise as CEO.
- Disable all product classes in Scope of Production menu.
- Replace CEO with someone who DOES have product expertise.

After doing this, the product class that matches into new CEO's expertise will obviously be red, because it was disabled earlier. Trying to enable it gives an error message saying "Sorry, you cannot disable this product class. The CEO possesses expertise in this product class and is keen on producing it."

(Workaround for those who are going to replace CEO is equally simple: Check who you are going to hire, go back to subsidiary's scope of production menu and enable the matching product class *before* hiring the new CEO.)
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I'm getting an error when trying to launch my game with a mod.

This is my error:
talent error.PNG
talent error.PNG (20.45 KiB) Viewed 836 times