CapLab Post-Release Beta V4.4.04 full version installer

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
acf1
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Re: CapLab Post-Release Beta V4.4.01 full version installer

Post by acf1 »

David wrote:
1 Cities seems to go bankrupt pretty often. In some runs almost unplayable because the messages keep popping up.
We will investigate the problem. Could you provide me with your save game with this issue?

Please also send me latest version of your MOD.
See the link for the zip file containing the mod, the script and the saved game (play_save003). If you look at cities mayor history in NYC and Los Angeles, you'll see how many mayors the cities has had just in 1991. It will keep doing it after that.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2Q38R ... sp=sharing

2 Some of my custom tech seems to start at level 30 instead of 0 as it should. (See picture)
We will address this problem in the next patch.
But, for instance, the tech Desktop OS will be 10 instead of 0, because Desktop Computer relies on this tech and Desktop Computer has been invented at the outset of the game. So the same Desktop OS tech for All-In-One PC will be 10. (Right now, there is a bug that sets it to 30 instead of 10 and this bug will be fixed in the next patch.)
OK, it makes sense to have at least 10 for discovered products. I thought 30 was too high.
3 Tech box in manufacturer guide looks funky,
What did you mean by "looks funky"?
I meant the white background and frames. Maybe not a big deal, just for UI consistency.
and all input stuff has "unavailable" symbol even though the game has run for a while. (see picture). It becomes available if I place a factory.
I didn't encounter this problem. Please provide me with a save game with this problem for testing.
See zip file attached, contains saved game.
4 I noticed when I turned off Economic DLC, i kept getting j_rd.cpp error. Not sure if turning Econ DLC off was just a coincidence.
Likewise, please provide me with a save game with this problem and let me know how to trigger this error.
There is saved file attached (play_save004) to the post. It uses the same mod and script, but Economic DLC is turned off. The error doesn't happen at the same date. In 2 out of 5 short high speed game runs, it happened on Feb 13, 1991, and May 24, 1991 respectively. If it doesn't happen that soon, either reload the saved file, or let it run for a while, I think it will eventually crash.

I don't know if turning off economic DLC is related to the crash or not, but that's how I have been able to trigger it early in the game.
5 Not all Product Tech with CAINVENT=0 per my mod, and usually 0 per game defaults is available to all Corporations. I believe this may be related to the reinvent feature.
So this is not a bug. Is this what you meant?
Mine, before the script is loaded, is NOT checked is custom window. I load my script with doesn't have this included (or should I include one with off, if so, what is the script for that?).
Could you please elaborate the above? I did not quite understand what it meant.
What I meant with all this, is that if you run a custom game in 4.4.1, with "reinvent product" turned off, then the player and the AI both have Air Conditioning (for example) and all other products with CANINVENT=0 show up with a product tech level of 30, which is normal. If I run a custom game using my script, then Air Conditioner for example, may not be enabled for some, maybe me and some other AI Corps. I said that my guess is that this is caused by "product reinvent" feature. But I can't use my script and have it turned off. It seems, if my guess is correct, that I have to add a line in the script to turn it off, otherwise it would be enabled by default if the line is missing.

If my guess is correct, could you provide me with the scripting line so I can turn it off?
Attachments
PLAY_004.zip
This file to test j_rd.cpp issue
(1.32 MiB) Downloaded 90 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Should I use the same MOD for loading your game or you have used an updated MOD which fixes the CPU issue?

If it is the latter, please send me the MOD as well.
acf1
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by acf1 »

David wrote:Should I use the same MOD for loading your game or you have used an updated MOD which fixes the CPU issue?

If it is the latter, please send me the MOD as well.
The mod file on the link above is the updated one. That's the one I'm using when testing 4.4.1
David

Post by David »

These issues have been fixed, except the following. Please download the latest patch v4.4.03 from http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=4046

I wasn't able to trigger the J_RD.cpp error despite loading your save game and running it for a few times.

If you encounter the same problem again with the new version, please let me know.
acf1
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by acf1 »

David wrote:These issues have been fixed, except the following. Please download the latest patch v4.4.03 from http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=4046

I wasn't able to trigger the J_RD.cpp error despite loading your save game and running it for a few times.

If you encounter the same problem again with the new version, please let me know.
Will do. Right now, j_rd.cpp is the only thing that keeps me from developing the mod further and playing (enjoying) the game. Did you load my save file 004 attached to the thread (not 003 included in the mod zip) and turning Economic DLC off? Just making sure because that was the combination where it happened on my end.
David

Post by David »

Did you load my save file 004 attached to the thread (not 003 included in the mod zip) and turning Economic DLC off? Just making sure because that was the combination where it happened on my end.
Yes, I did load save file 004.

BTW, there is a chance that the bug fixes in the latest version might also eliminate this J_Rd.cpp bug as the bugs might be related, so fixing one bug may automatically fix the other.
acf1
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by acf1 »

Yes, it keeps happening.

Economic DLC turned off, Subsidiary DLC turned on. CapLab 4.4.03. Using the same mod and script on the zip file from the previous link. Run the game, wait...boom!

What is line 869 calling for?
Attachments
Sketch.png
Sketch.png (1.76 MiB) Viewed 1006 times
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

David wrote:Could you please provide me with your save game file to test the issue?

Now you can have up to 50 companies and 85 persons using a script. If there are going to be even more of them, navigating so much information on the interfaces may undermine the gaming experience.
Hi David,

Fortunately I found this post after 40 minutes of searching (I have seen this post before, just wanted to find out the exact number of AI persons).

I understand that this number (85 persons) is applied to Post-Release version and it should not be on main website. The question is that I need a place where all the information about current post-release version is accumulated. A pinned post on a forum with detailed release notes will be nice. I really miss these 40 minutes. :(

Thanks!
David

Re: CapLab Post-Release Beta V4.4.04 full version installer

Post by David »

The Capitalism Lab web site has been updated with the latest info about the limit of 85 persons.
sbltogu

Re: CapLab Post-Release Beta V4.4.04 full version installer

Post by sbltogu »

The link is broken for the download.