Bugs – related to UI tweak

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
Waring_Hudsucker
Level 2 user

Bugs – related to UI tweak

Post by Waring_Hudsucker »

Post-release beta 4.4.01
I am pleased to see the implementation of my UI suggestions. I tip my hat to the development team. I hate to point out a few bugs, but alas that is the point of the post-release beta.

Part of my suggestion is to have the resources available for fabrication displayed in the Manufacture’s Guide screen as it is displayed in the Set Up Factory Production screen. This feature is partially working.

I started a game with no DLC’s, mods, or scripts at year 2000. Ran off 1 month and built one factory for the purpose of illustrating the issue. I attached a save file so these bugs can be duplicated if necessary.

At this point if you open the Information Center and click on Manufacture’s Guide there are no check boxes displayed under Product Class or Product Type and all resources will show as unavailable as you click the arrow to advance to other products.
NoResources.png
NoResources.png (979.26 KiB) Viewed 521 times
However, if you go to the Set Up Factory Production screen via the link from a factory you can see check boxes for the various Product Class and Product Type that can be fabricated from available resources and some of the same resources missing according to the previous Manufacture’s Guide screen now show as available.
SUFP01.png
SUFP01.png (977.97 KiB) Viewed 521 times
At this point as long as I keep the Information Center open I can move back and forth between Product Details screen and Manufacture’s Guide screen, changing products if I wish, and available resources and check boxes show in Manufacture’s Guide screen as it now should with the new UI tweak.
MFGgood.png
MFGgood.png (987.48 KiB) Viewed 521 times
However, if I exit the Information Center and then re-open it the Manufacture’s Guide screen reverts back to not accurately reflecting available resources.
MFGbad.png
MFGbad.png (994.2 KiB) Viewed 521 times
Here is another bug. Go the Set Up Factory Production screen via the link from a factory and available resources seem to show fine. However……….
SUFPgood.png
SUFPgood.png (996.89 KiB) Viewed 521 times
……… if you exit the Information Center and then re-open it, it will re-open to the Set Up Factory Production screen only now all resources show as unavailable. Probably should not be able to access the Set Up Factory Production screen by re-opening the Information Center anyway, because if you have been moving around the map you may not know which factory you originally called it from.
Should only be able to access the Set Up Factory Production screen via the link from a factory.
SUFPbad.png
SUFPbad.png (1001.01 KiB) Viewed 521 times
Attachments
MUSS_001.7z
(607.11 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
"Do you mean to say any slob in a smelly tee-shirt will be able to buy Hudsucker stock?"
-Sidney J. Mussburger from The Hudsucker Proxy
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Bugs – related to UI tweak

Post by David »

This bug has been fixed. Please download the latest patch v4.4.03 from http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=4046
Waring_Hudsucker
Level 2 user

Re: Bugs – related to UI tweak

Post by Waring_Hudsucker »

Thank you. Seems to be working fine now.
"Do you mean to say any slob in a smelly tee-shirt will be able to buy Hudsucker stock?"
-Sidney J. Mussburger from The Hudsucker Proxy