Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.0.12 Patch

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.0.12 Patch

Post by David »

Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.0.12 patch is now available for download at:
http://12299.cdn.beyondhosting.net/capl ... 125008.zip

This patch must be applied on top of version 5.0.00 or later. If you haven't installed it, please download the full version 5.0.00 installer from http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=4246

Then extract the ZIP file to your post-release Beta version of Capitalism Lab program folder. You can open your Capitalism Lab program folder by right-clicking on the Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta game icon and select “Properties”, then select “Open File Location” to open the folder.

(The saved game files from versions older than 5.0.11 are not compatible.)

Version 5.0.12
Bug fixes.

Added a new scenario for the Subsidiary DLC:

Supercharging ROI
You have devised a solid strategy to supercharge your company’s return on investment (ROI), involving the uses of subsidiaries to maximize growth and profitability in the targeted markets.\n\nTo execute this strategy and deliver the results that you have promised your investors, you must first recruit high-caliber executives who excel in the markets that your subsidiaries are to be focused on. But in today’s highly competitive business environment, truly good executives are scarce resources, fiercely sought after by numerous companies. Are you confident that you could pull all this off?

Version 5.0.11
Integrated the Digital report into City report.

Increased the limit of product types by 20, so that it covers the additional 20 product types added by Digital Age DLC for software products.

In Digital Age DLC, loyalty levels of the team leads in R&D units are always displayed on the 3x3 layout area.

Monetary numbers larger than $1,000,000,000 ($1 billion) are displayed as $<number> million. In late games where the fortunes of the player and the AI have snowballed to substantial values, displays of financial numbers can get really cluttered. This improvement will address that.

Increased the upper limit of the functional units that can be added in a game.

Version 5.0.10
Bug fixes.

Version 5.0.08
Bug fixes.

Added a new scenario for the Subsidiary DLC:

Success in IPO
The stock market has seen a series of highly successful IPOs (initial public offerings) lately. You reckon that it is an excellent opportunity for your subsidiary companies to raise capital via IPO for funding business expansions.

It goes without saying that the financial reward that you will reap as the majority shareholder is another great incentive for pursuing an IPO.

In this scenario, you must set your companies on a sustainable growth trajectory with an eventual goal of having at least one of your subsidiary companies going IPO with a market cap exceeding $1 billion.

Version 5.0.07
Bug fixes.

Improved AI on setting up complex production chains.

Added a new AI start-up capital option “Massive” on the new game setting menu. This will be useful for playing mods with lots of complex production chains, allowing the AI to use the fund to set up complex production chain more effectively.

Support defining the player character's software and Internet expertise using a script.

For details, please see:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/scripts/sc ... expertise/

Version 5.0.06
Fixed the bugs reported in this http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=4665
This patch is compatible with older save games. So if you have save games from v5.0.01 to v5.0.05 and you want to keep playing them, you may upgrade to this version instead of the latest version 5.0.07.

Download link to patch v5.0.06: http://12299.cdn.beyondhosting.net/capl ... 065001.zip

Version 5.0.05
1) Bug fixes.

2) Your subsidiary companies are displayed at the top of the list for the following reports’ corporation filter lists:
1) Corporate Summary report 2) Firm Report 3) Product Summary Report.

3) We have added a new scenario for the Subsidiary DLC

Strategic Positioning
In today’s rapidly changing markets, corporate agility is key to success. Unfortunately, most companies fail to sustain it when they eventually become big and bloated. To steer clear from this undesirable path, you have the foresight of setting up two subsidiary companies and strategically positioning each of them to focus on specific markets. With a CEO at the helm of each company, they can respond more swiftly to market changes and grow at a faster pace.

Any feedback to this scenario is welcome. If you think it is too hard or too easy, or you have any suggestions for better goal settings, please let us know.
Attachments
Success in IPO.png
Success in IPO.png (939.29 KiB) Viewed 4255 times
Strategic Positioning.png
Strategic Positioning.png (892.95 KiB) Viewed 4786 times
David

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.0.08 Patch

Post by David »

Version 5.0.08 has been released.

Now it contains 2 new scenarios for the Subsidiary DLC.

See the top of this thread for details.
Njeroe
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.0.08 Patch

Post by Njeroe »

Thanks for the update David! I noticed another bug while playing and tested this in the latest version as well. When technology disruption is on you can reset your technology levels to 30 if you merge with your subsidiary, this basically means if you setup a subsidiary and immediately merge you can reset your tech levels for free.

Also two more bugs I created seperate threads for them:
http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =37&t=4687
http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =37&t=4688
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta version 5.0.11 Patch

Post by saffgee »

Hi David,

I started a new game running the new patch 5.0.11 and for some reason retail stores won't start with multiple floors now. The tooltip is still there (mouse over), but the button itself is gone.....
David

Post by David »

saffgee wrote:Hi David,

I started a new game running the new patch 5.0.11 and for some reason retail stores won't start with multiple floors now. The tooltip is still there (mouse over), but the button itself is gone.....
Did you enable Subsidiary DLC?
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Yes.

I don't know how to just paste my screenshots onto here (what the hell happened to copy paste...I was doing that in the 90's and seems like everythings got harder not easier!). If I thought it was worth the hassle to prove the point I'll use a word document and paste the screenshots onto that and then upload it to onedrive, but I can't explain it any better than the tooltips are there for multiple floors, but the buttons themselves aren't. I also tried loading a script which forces multiple floors and still nothing.

All i did since it was working last night was update to version 11 and then start a new game, so the only thing that is different to yesterday is the version number of the game exe, I don't even think I accessed my email or a browser window before I did that, so if I had to guess I'd say the problem is in version 11 itself and not my computer/setup (at least nothing obvious). I loaded a script which has not changed since yesterday, so I am sure the settings in each case are all identical...
unknownCapitalist

Post by unknownCapitalist »

Quick update for two problems with the latest version:

1) In the last scenario for Subsidiary DLC (Success in IPO) - In the Manufacture's Guide , in the section for Semi Products the DVD is not displayed , but it's description is replacing the dyestuff ones (also all others are messed up after that)
Challenge - problem with Manufacture's Guide
Challenge - problem with Manufacture's Guide
Challenge_missing_dvd_in_manufacture_guide.png (1.83 MiB) Viewed 3379 times

2) Probably the biggest problem (All other custom games) - the button for setting up new store floors is missing, if you hover over where it was, only the description can be viewed.
Missing button for setting up new store floors
Missing button for setting up new store floors
Missing_button_new_floor.png (2.38 MiB) Viewed 3379 times
Update: Forgot to add that I'm not using mods and the active DLC are (CES DLC is turned off):
- Subsidiary DLC
- Digital Age DLC
David

Post by David »

saffgee wrote:Hi David,

This issue has been fixed. Please download the updated patch v5.0.11 from: http://12299.cdn.beyondhosting.net/capl ... 115008.zip

The EXE is the same, but the ZIP file contains new icon image files for adding new floors and switching floors, which replace the original text buttons.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by saffgee »

Super thanks David !
unknownCapitalist

Post by unknownCapitalist »

Thank you for the super speedy fix :D , and I love the new icons :) :D