Sales staff - doing nothing much ?

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
johnnywas

Sales staff - doing nothing much ?

Post by johnnywas »

Sometimes products sell well from factories and sometimes they don't. In some cases I need to find or build a retail outlet which is expensive. Is that just the way it is ?

Also in some factories I need to employ staff working on sales even though all the goods are delivered either to retail outlets or another factory.
counting
Level 8 user

Re: Sales staff - doing nothing much ?

Post by counting »

Starts as a wholesaler only sold product to downstream AI retailers is doable, but difficult in most case. You need to be quite observant of which AI has correct retail outlets in which city (if you want to sell to other cities, AI will consider freight cost, and you need to cut down price even further). Usually this strategy only works with cutting edge products that havw very low to none local products, or something with very high profit margin.

As of sales unit in factory, I think we can consider each factory sort like a mini-child-company, that has its own independent departments. But generally I believe its just an easier and simple way to implement all firms with just 9 units like a layout mini-game. A lot of players do want to improve the layout or make more than one floor, but I guess in an abstract point of view, current mechanism is enough (maybe it will get improved in the future?)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
-------------------------------------------------------------------
stred10

Re: Sales staff - doing nothing much ?

Post by stred10 »

johnnywas wrote:Sometimes products sell well from factories and sometimes they don't. In some cases I need to find or build a retail outlet which is expensive. Is that just the way it is ?

Also in some factories I need to employ staff working on sales even though all the goods are delivered either to retail outlets or another factory.
Hello
In such kind of situation, you should apply a different sales training method for your staff. Try out the E-Learning to Educate them.
Hope they will do better.