Real state strategy - macrovic hunter

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
Meiaman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Real state strategy - macrovic hunter

Post by Meiaman »

Ok, so today i was trying real state morghul scenario and i came up with a strategy which i would like to call:

Macrovic Hunter

What is it about?

Basically you use macroeconomic factors and ideal place hunting to save costs and construct buildings, if you do the analysis correctly, you will also be able to charge more than market price, making your apartments generate higher profits.

Strenghts

This strategy can make a steady and fast cash flow
Works well with companies who starts with a lot of initial cash
Steady cash flow cover losses in other areas
It is very hard to go bankrupt with this strategy.
Not vulnerable to economic recession.

Weaknesses

Revenue is low, so you will have trouble if that is your objective.
while profit is fast and steadily, it isn't potentially high.

How it works?
Basically the strategy is for ideal place hunting, but before you start, you need to get used to a couple of things:

1. City report: You need to get used to check this often, specially the housing/commercial demand index.

2. Land value map: always have it on.

3. Civic building filter: not really required, but it is helpful.

First stage: Commercial invasion

If you are playing Real State Morghul or a similar scenario where you can start with lots of cash, then you can do this:

First, borrow all the money you can get until the credit limit. Then search for all lands next to central business district of each city. Check where you would like to construct the buildings, when you select, do not build them imediatelly, but rather buy the land plots first (this prevents losses fromraising land value due to your neighbor buildings).

then construct the commercial buildings (preferably the 2nd from bottom of the list, looks like a round skycrapper). Spend almost all your money and distribute the buildings around the cities, preferably those who have higher demand (check city report). Leave around 30m or more to support losses for awhile. It wont be long before you start profitting.

Note: Do not let the overall rating of your commercial buildings below half and do not charge below market value, if demand is higher than supply, its ok to charge 105% and above, if its below or equal, charge from 100 to 105%.

These buildings, once full, shall net you a monthly profit around 300k to 400k each.

Once you done with this, do not build anymore commercial, as the supply of commercial buildings tends to always be much above than the demand, building more will hurt your profits.

Second phase: home searching

After an year, you should have enough money to repay back your loans and a decent profit to generate cash, now its time to build housing. Leave your commercial alone and dont build anymore, they will be fine on their own.

The first thing you should do is check the city report. Look at the housing demand index. This is important to select which city you will build. Negative index means there is more demand than supply, so target these cities and leave the cities with positive index alone.

Note: at this point, the commercial index will be a very high positive number and rarely will go down. This is the reason that makes it not worthy it to build anymore commercial buildings. In the rare event of this index going down, you can try commercial buildings again, if possible.

Once you selected the desired city using the macroeconomic indicator, you should now select where, in the city, you should build.

Open the land value map. From now on you gonna hunt civic buildings in areas that are not expensive (avoid dark areas like the plague). If you plan on building several apartments at once, the buy land trick first works here too. This kind of cross search can make a difference between you paying 10m in land to paying 3m in land.

Best civic buildings to build close to are hospitals, universities, libraries and schools, as they seems to give higher rating (not confirmed, only assumed). Once you locate a good spot, use the buy the land trick and then build. You dont need to pay attention to sports buildings, as lands with less value tends to have lots of greenery, but it is good if they are around too.

Note: Charge 105% or above. If the overall rating is high, you can consider charging above 110%. Never charge below market value, but never let your rating drop below half. Best apartment building seems to be the third one in the list (assumed, not confirmed).

If done right, each apartment building should give u between 120k to 200k profit (not revenue), in a steady manner.

Keep doing this trick and build until the demand index goes close to zero, once there, stop and look for another city, if all cities are positive then its best to wait for it to go down again (filling the market with houses will diminish the earning of each building, so its not a good thing).

Note: the advantage of real state is that it isn't bonded by brand, so you can freely jump from city to city.

Note 2: At some point, the index might settle next to zero and it will take awhile to go negative again because the AI will build ocasionally. It is assumed (not confirmed) the AI builds based on the index and they will quickly fill up any demand that might show up, so building when the index is zero is also recommended, it might even stop the AI from expanding much into real state. Avoid building when the index is positive.

Eventually, the AI might build stores close to your apartments, making them more desirable.

With this strategy, i was able to reach 100m profits and beat almost all objectives of real state morghul scenario by year 6. The problem is the low revenue from real state will make almost impossible to beat the 1,000m revenue objective, so at this point, you can consider diversification to something else.
anjali
Level 4 user

Re: Real state strategy - macrovic hunter

Post by anjali »

sorry if i open up an older post, but i thought i add my 2 cent to it.

starting the real estate with 100 mill initial capital is quite an easy task to hit the 1 billion revenue which will be around 300-350 mill anual profit as the average occupation of the buildings will only be at a 70% roughly due to the fact that ya build faster then the appartments/ commercials getting filled up with rich tenants. (should drop the initial cash for this scenario to 10 million to make it more demanding thats with what i did to start the last game and am at 2.2 billion just after 4 years, also cap lab seems to be quite easier than capitalism plus regarding the profit making even on >260% difficulty due to the real estate market, w/o reall estate its really hard to turn a buck or 2 especially if ya start with 10 million as the land prices are quite high compared to cap-plus and it takes ages to expand with farm/manufacture n retail only until you got enough cash)

i did play the scenario with real estate only. no shops no nuttin'.

Real Estate is best to play totally on loans only. no own cash else the billion mark is kinda a dream i dont think possible to realize within years if ya stop bloating the value of your properties to get more free cash from the banks.

you gonna ask why? ... well ...
1.) because as mentioned in the thread allready, real estate revenue and profit is low compared to the injected cash and it takes up to 6 month or a year to get the buildings to break even depends on how fast you plant the buildings in each town.

2.) loans are actually "free" money, your properties will not be able cover the interest for almost 2 years if you always borrow up to the max and bloat the value of your own land like hell to get more loans. the reason why its "free" because average interest rate is like 6 or 7 % per anno ... average inflation is about the same ... i even had times where the inflatio was above 10% and the interest at 5.5% then you actually pay back 100 million a year and have paid no interest if ya got 2 billion in loans. yes the market always turns at some point and you jump into a crisis, if unlucky with deflation (i had that too) than the value of your properties will drop like a rock hundreds of milions down. if this happens dont stop to bloat the value of your properties or you gonna go down. i usually take advantage of the crisis and buy up the land in the cbd of the most expansive towns and bump the biggest commercials to bloat the value and also bump more commercials into the other cbd's and if thats not enough to get the assets up to keep borrowing, i plant more apartments ... do whatever ya need to spend every penny but keep the interest on your loans for 2 month in your pocket after that the bank gonna be happy to loan you again and you keep up the good work throughout the whole crisis. and take advantage of the land price drop in the expansive towns.

another thing that might be useful ... buy the land you wanna build the building on and 4 tiles out into each direction. as depends what ya place and if there allready buildings next to it ... you gonna raise the land value for up to 4 tiles out.

DO NOT place the building right after you bought the land!!! as you not gonna go broke if ya do. place the buildings in the next month as it takes the whole month to transfer ownership to you and if you place the buildings in the same month then the actual land purchase the bank gonna be happy to charge you on top of the building price the whole lot of land value increase on all the land you just bought (hence you were needing this hike to get more loans. now you just lost this profit and aint getting no loans for the building). also when it comes to the commercials in the cbd, dont place them 1 by 1, place them in bulk but only 1 per month. if you place them stand alone you 1st of all gonna get a crappy rent of (8 bucks sq ft in the very cheap towns) and 2nd n most important you ot gonna get your land value increase disired for new loans.
i usulally take out the big squares at the cbd if availible and bang 1 or 2 of the super commercials (next to each other ofcourse onto it as close to the stock market as possible, thats because they give the highest value increase and are only about 7 or 8 million in the cheapest towns at the beginning and the other fact is that the bigger squares at the stock market are 6x10 squares or more ... and you must place buildings (exept farms R&D's and mines) next to a road leaving you empty space in the middle if the property which could be bloated up in value with a commercial taken that space hence higher rent per sq ft.
fill out the remaining space (remember: 1 per month only!!! or the hike up gets taken out of your cash) with the 2nd biggest skyscraper and if the community convinience is low plent 1 or 2 appartments at the back, of the commercials to get this maxed, that way ya goona be the most wanted commercial provider in town and outperform anyone else.

so in january from the 200 million you got just keep as much cash as neccessary to build 2 commercials or 3 and the interest+overhead for 2 month. everything else use to buy the land around the cheapest cbd's if those have a negative commercial index or if a positive one, but plenty commercials dumped all over the town, you still gonna get your commercials rented out as you provide the better service.

February ... plant a commercial (if ya got money for 3 big ones, then plant 1 of the big ones in 2 cities) leav on one side 2 tiles free to the road (for glastowers 2nd from bottom) prices for all buildings i always have on market value +5% i never charge below and never bother to change it in hundreds of buildings, too much work

march you mostlikely not getting more then a few hundred K from the bank for the little land vaslue increase, but well, i take that and plant now in the first town another commercial next to the first we allready planted. set price and if ya check the first commercial ya see a nice bump in rent and value. well done next month you start the loan to max game until ya got the 1 billion revenue.

from april onwards keep planting the commercials next to the others until the index goes positive then stop it, and if, as mentioned earlier, the community convinience bar isnt very high, plant in the following month 1 - 2 appartments at the back next to the commercials will do wonders , that way ya gonna get rents as high as 45 a sq ft and those big once counting close to 100 million value each. ofc the 45 bucks /sq you not gonna get at the beginning of the game in the cheap citties, there its about 30.-. if the commercial market is saturated, and there are plenty enemy commercial (mainly goverment owned) bumped over the town, check from time to time your commercials in that town, and if they are at 95% occupancy or higher drop another glas tower next to it, you gonna raise the rent on the other sky scrapers and that ll pay instantly for the overhead of the new one and that one will fill up too as you got the better location keep doing this regardless the commercial index... the big gov owned ones in the suburbs gonna be quite empty, but thats good for us, because they love to pay you 45$ per sq instead of 10$-12$ to the gov in the suburbs

also from april onwards to grow fast and to use the inflations to your advance only keep the cash for the interest of the current month in your wallet, and everything else you start to buy up land in the cheapest town with a heavy negative index on housing.
look out for AI shops allready planted, if theres a hospital and maybe a university not too far away (max 1 screen) it will be perfect ... buy from the shops onwards towards the outrer skirts .. ya gonna need a huge plot for about 30-50 appartments. dont buy to width or to deep. just start with initial 12 x12

so while you are keep planting the commercial, and you bought the 1st 12x12 land ... you now gonna place 1 apartment next to the shops on this 12x12 but make sure that in any direction you wanna expand you have your 4 tiles bought up the month before. you gonna need every penny markup on land value you can get. also NEVER sell land that got a value markup in thew current month, as you gonna only get the last month value ... so if you bought a piece of land for 800 k and you bloated it this month to 3.5 million, you gonna get 800k if you sell it right away, but 3.5m if you sell next month.

now i usually lant the whole street down the shops with a 1 line apartment front (if its a 4 tile width lane) and at the back of this appartment front i place appartment then tenniscourt, 2 appartment, tenniscourt and so on until the end of the line

after epand to the back but leave spave for golf courses, soccerfields and if neccessary and not provided the 3x3 community buildings (you want all of them covering every building, the 4x4 stadium n hospital and the 5x5 university. community bar wise hospital n university give highest boost but for over 20$ rent in the cheapest town (marketprice + 5%) regular its like 6$ to 7$ you need high bars to have an overall of more then 50%. soccerfields and golfcourses have kinda short range tbh

at the places where ya done and not building anything anymore nearby, sell off the artificial inflated land and use it to expand further. if ya got enough land in that town allready to keep building, on multiple places (as ya remember no more then 1 building at any tile that gets raised in value for the current month, so you need to build on several parts of your lot at the same time to stamp the whole village out in no time, as you gonna get burried under 20,30,50 later 100million new loans and more every month and you gonna spend all of it every single month.

that way you gonna end up at about 4 -5 billion assets after 2 years with over about 40-50% e/a ratio so half the assets is pure profit. if you can keep up to build faster and blow out all loans you can get you easily doulbe/ tripple that each year given that the market is provided the needs. but dont stop pumping maximum loans and bloat the value of your real estate until your profit gonna clearly pay the interest rate, inflation or not, the interest has to be paid, the inflation just gonna lower the total loan ammount but that doesnt mean you gonna get loans, not when ya jump into crisis or anything else happens that dumpd the property prices into nothing. usually takes up to 3 years to get to this point as after 2 years i just cant use up the availible loans anymopre in a single month. so i only loan then what i need to keep building.

but that way its possible to get even the 1 billion revenue in about 5-6 years realized depends on the market ofc as you gonna slow down on building anyway as the market is saturated, and also on housing i never wait for the index to go to 0 if the majority of apartments in a town is above 90% i keep expanding if theres nothing to build. if you wanna hit it in 4 years or faster you gonna use after the 2nd year (>4billion assets) then your monthly new loans to buy 1 media station after another, preferably all 3 in a town then go over to next town, that way you gonna control the media in that town and set your prices to get 200 mill revenue and more per town, gonna take you about 9 month to catch all media in 3 towns thats 600mill rev atleast + your 400 mill rev of the properties after year 3 goal reached but then its not fully real estate only ;p

regarding to building your own village far up in the green, seems not to work out unless ya get your own stores up n for those ya need to farm/manufacture as well for proper supply. gonna makes things slow down greatly to dump cash into properties that doesnt inflate the landprices hence no new loans on this dead money, also it takes much much longer to get proper rents, i.e. in town build next to the AI shops you get it in the cheapest city quickly to 25$ /sq in the green with every community building and full golfcourse/tenniscourt, stadium,soccer supply and plenty shops but limited range of goods i get after 2 years barely a 15$ /sq goona take some years of inflation and wage increase to get the prices to 25$ and higher so the cash infusion is even larger + all the manufacturing stuff/ price wars etc, i tried it without shops as well to see if the AI gonna jump in with their shops but thats a no go....
i even designed the town with empty spaces for various shops all across the town and all spots had 80+ customer index but no AI showed up in 4 years.
2nd try was with me building the shops myself at those spots and put them up 4sale, another 4 years down the road and not a single shop got bought just decreasing my profit heavily.
3rd try i run the shops myself with whatever goods i could find on the market as long as a penny profit was in it, i sold it. and left the shop now running on profit up 4sale. once again 4 years no AI bought it, therefore i take it that this town in the green is only good if ya produce farm n retail yaself. thats where i see an interesting opportunity once the DLC is running ... then this would work well, build up some farms and factories and design the whole village with shops, build the sub corp, move the farms, factories, shops over n let them deal with it. that might be worth a try. as cap-lab is quite tooo big compared to cap-plus to micromanage all n everything.

hope this didnt got too long,
medona123

Re: Real state strategy - macrovic hunter

Post by medona123 »

Meiaman wrote:Ok, so today i was trying real state morghul scenario and i came up with a strategy which i would like to call:

Macrovic Hunter

What is it about?

Basically you use macroeconomic factors and ideal place hunting to save costs and construct buildings, if you do the analysis correctly, you will also be able to charge more than market price, making your apartments generate higher profits.

Strenghts

This strategy can make a steady and fast cash flow
Works well with companies who starts with a lot of initial cash
Steady cash flow cover losses in other areas
It is very hard to go bankrupt with this strategy.
Not vulnerable to economic recession.

Weaknesses

Revenue is low, so you will have trouble if that is your objective.
while profit is fast and steadily, it isn't potentially high.

How it works?
Basically the strategy is for ideal place hunting, but before you start, you need to get used to a couple of things:

1. City report: You need to get used to check this often, specially the housing/commercial demand index.

2. Land value map: always have it on.

3. Civic building filter: not really required, but it is helpful.

First stage: Commercial invasion

If you are playing Real State Morghul or a similar scenario where you can start with lots of cash, then you can do this:

First, borrow all the money you can get until the credit limit. Then search for all lands next to central business district of each city. Check where you would like to construct the buildings, when you select, do not build them imediatelly, but rather buy the land plots first (this prevents losses fromraising land value due to your neighbor buildings).

then construct the commercial buildings (preferably the 2nd from bottom of the list, looks like a round skycrapper). Spend almost all your money and distribute the buildings around the cities, preferably those who have higher demand (check city report). Leave around 30m or more to support losses for awhile. It wont be long before you start profitting.

Note: Do not let the overall rating of your commercial buildings below half and do not charge below market value, if demand is higher than supply, its ok to charge 105% and above, if its below or equal, charge from 100 to 105%.

These buildings, once full, shall net you a monthly profit around 300k to 400k each.

Once you done with this, do not build anymore commercial, as the supply of conveyancing camden tends to always be much above than the demand, building more will hurt your profits.

Second phase: home searching

After an year, you should have enough money to repay back your loans and a decent profit to generate cash, now its time to build housing. Leave your commercial alone and dont build anymore, they will be fine on their own.

The first thing you should do is check the city report. Look at the housing demand index. This is important to select which city you will build. Negative index means there is more demand than supply, so target these cities and leave the cities with positive index alone.

Note: at this point, the commercial index will be a very high positive number and rarely will go down. This is the reason that makes it not worthy it to build anymore commercial buildings. In the rare event of this index going down, you can try commercial buildings again, if possible.

Once you selected the desired city using the macroeconomic indicator, you should now select where, in the city, you should build.

Open the land value map. From now on you gonna hunt civic buildings in areas that are not expensive (avoid dark areas like the plague). If you plan on building several apartments at once, the buy land trick first works here too. This kind of cross search can make a difference between you paying 10m in land to paying 3m in land.

Best civic buildings to build close to are hospitals, universities, libraries and schools, as they seems to give higher rating (not confirmed, only assumed). Once you locate a good spot, use the buy the land trick and then build. You dont need to pay attention to sports buildings, as lands with less value tends to have lots of greenery, but it is good if they are around too.

Note: Charge 105% or above. If the overall rating is high, you can consider charging above 110%. Never charge below market value, but never let your rating drop below half. Best apartment building seems to be the third one in the list (assumed, not confirmed).

If done right, each apartment building should give u between 120k to 200k profit (not revenue), in a steady manner.

Keep doing this trick and build until the demand index goes close to zero, once there, stop and look for another city, if all cities are positive then its best to wait for it to go down again (filling the market with houses will diminish the earning of each building, so its not a good thing).

Note: the advantage of real state is that it isn't bonded by brand, so you can freely jump from city to city.

Note 2: At some point, the index might settle next to zero and it will take awhile to go negative again because the AI will build ocasionally. It is assumed (not confirmed) the AI builds based on the index and they will quickly fill up any demand that might show up, so building when the index is zero is also recommended, it might even stop the AI from expanding much into real state. Avoid building when the index is positive.

Eventually, the AI might build stores close to your apartments, making them more desirable.

With this strategy, i was able to reach 100m profits and beat almost all objectives of real state morghul scenario by year 6. The problem is the low revenue from real state will make almost impossible to beat the 1,000m revenue objective, so at this point, you can consider diversification to something else.
Again thanks,from your post i came to know that before doing anything ,we have to analyze and this post provides me valuable information regarding hoe to repay the loans.
Lorettaviple

Real state strategy macrovic hunter

Post by Lorettaviple »

Its a cool idea and plays really well. I cant say I have much experience of strategy games though, so I dont know how good it is compared to others. A good mouse system though, quite responsive compared to some Ive used.
Games - https://torrent-katochka.com