I'm Overwhelmed By The Micro? Help?

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
The13thRonin

I'm Overwhelmed By The Micro? Help?

Post by The13thRonin »

I'm getting overwhelmed by having to manually adjust prices every minute or two to keep up with inflation or changing market conditions. I tried hiring a COO but my profits nosedived into oblivion even though I had several monopolies.

Also I find it hard to keep up with when I run out of raw resources (like mines) and have to build new ones and manually link everything again.

Is there easier ways of doing these things?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: I'm Overwhelmed By The Micro? Help?

Post by David »

FYI:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/inflation.html
Aiding the player to automatically adjust prices based on the inflation
You can let the AI automatically adjust the retail prices of your products for you, as well as adjusting the advertising spending to catch up with the inflation. This can be toggled on and off on your headquarters interface. If you start a new game with the Inflation setting enabled in the normal mode, your company will own a headquarters building by default, allowing you to take advantage of the AI aid immediately.
ipaet

Post by ipaet »

The13thRonin wrote:I'm getting overwhelmed by having to manually adjust prices every minute or two to keep up with inflation or changing market conditions. I tried hiring a COO but my profits nosedived into oblivion even though I had several monopolies.

Also I find it hard to keep up with when I run out of raw resources (like mines) and have to build new ones and manually link everything again.

Is there easier ways of doing these things?
For easily linking the mines: Build a Warehouse between your mine and the production line of your products. The production buys it from the warehouse. If a mine runs out, you only have to renew the link in the warehouse, no matter how many factories are connected to it.

Adjusting the prices: Now it's getting a bit more complicated: There is a better (not easier, but more efficient and cheaper) way than doing it by AI automatically. Go to your products in the menu. Click on for example Shampoo. Now you see each shop in which you sell shampoo in for example Vancouver. Adjust the prices for one shop by clicking "+" or "-", so the price is competitive regarding your competitors and the local average price. Now you click "Apply all". All the prices of shampoo in Vancouver are now adjusted. You don't have to click in each store.

Once or twice per year I am going through every product and every city and adjust the prices. 13-15 min, despite having control over 81 products.

Sounds complicated, but it's the best way making the most of it in my opinion.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

David,

You know in Management policies for the CEO/COO I think it's time that for the player managed company to have a place to go set the parameters so that prices are adjusted automatically. That way the players can spend more time with the other mechanics of the game.

When I play I always do my prices based on overall ratings, so if I could go to my management settings and say automatically adjust 'Shampoo" prices so that it maintains an overall rating of 50 in every city [maybe a specific city]. This would give me time to focus on actually building the business and not adjusting prices. Then separately, I could check out Shampoo in every city and see if I need to adjust my settings based on my competition.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

WilliamMGary wrote:David,

You know in Management policies for the CEO/COO I think it's time that for the player managed company to have a place to go set the parameters so that prices are adjusted automatically. That way the players can spend more time with the other mechanics of the game.

When I play I always do my prices based on overall ratings, so if I could go to my management settings and say automatically adjust 'Shampoo" prices so that it maintains an overall rating of 50 in every city [maybe a specific city]. This would give me time to focus on actually building the business and not adjusting prices. Then separately, I could check out Shampoo in every city and see if I need to adjust my settings based on my competition.

Love this idea! +1

It would also help with increasing my margins when I have higher quality products coming out.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

FYI, you may check out the section "Pricing Policies for Individual Products " on http://www.capitalismlab.com/subsidiary-control.html
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Post by Spac3y »

The individual settings are fine David, but William actually makes a really good suggestion.

Like him, I also tend to set my prices by quality rating. It would be fantastic if we could get that added in.