Brandy Loyalty

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
aarondmsu
Level 2 user

Brandy Loyalty

Post by aarondmsu »

I haven't tested this theory yet, but it would make sense to me if brand loyalty in each given market was largely dependent on your product quality when you enter that market. For example, if you enter a market with low quality product, it should be tough to build brand loyalty after that even if you increase quality substantially thereafter. Conversely, if you enter a market with high quality product, your brand loyalty should be much easier to build up and sustain, even if you do not greatly enhance quality over the years. It's the power of first impressions.

Do people find this to ring true in the game?
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: Brandy Loyalty

Post by eleaza »

aarondmsu wrote:I haven't tested this theory yet, but it would make sense to me if brand loyalty in each given market was largely dependent on your product quality when you enter that market. For example, if you enter a market with low quality product, it should be tough to build brand loyalty after that even if you increase quality substantially thereafter. Conversely, if you enter a market with high quality product, your brand loyalty should be much easier to build up and sustain, even if you do not greatly enhance quality over the years. It's the power of first impressions.

I think this already is in current game. A low quality product with substantial market share will drop it's brand loyalty pretty quick. And brand loyalty always starts at 0 in a new city where you don't have a brand before. And I think the market share is a much higher influential factor for the brand loyalty changes.

Or do you suggest a "hidden value" of an initial loyalty weights and has a much longer deterioration of brand loyalty from this starting hidden value?
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
aarondmsu
Level 2 user

Re: Brandy Loyalty

Post by aarondmsu »

eleaza wrote:
aarondmsu wrote:I haven't tested this theory yet, but it would make sense to me if brand loyalty in each given market was largely dependent on your product quality when you enter that market. For example, if you enter a market with low quality product, it should be tough to build brand loyalty after that even if you increase quality substantially thereafter. Conversely, if you enter a market with high quality product, your brand loyalty should be much easier to build up and sustain, even if you do not greatly enhance quality over the years. It's the power of first impressions.

I think this already is in current game. A low quality product with substantial market share will drop it's brand loyalty pretty quick. And brand loyalty always starts at 0 in a new city where you don't have a brand before. And I think the market share is a much higher influential factor for the brand loyalty changes.

Or do you suggest a "hidden value" of an initial loyalty weights and has a much longer deterioration of brand loyalty from this starting hidden value?
No, I mean that if you enter a market with very high quality from the start, your brand loyalty rating should go up faster and have a higher ceiling. It makes sense for it to start at 0, because why would any consumers in the market be loyal to a brand they don't know anything about. But if their initial impressions of the brand are very good (because the products are very high quality), then their loyalty should be stronger and more resilient.