stock ownership

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
sietse

stock ownership

Post by sietse »

how do you get out early investors to get the 80 % ownership of your own stock.
my investors never sell their percentages.
and the stock is usually too expensive to buy out people for double the money of the equity,its not worth it?
im playing on expert with very low starting capital, and 1,000,000 starting shares outstanding.
i would like some tips on this,as how other people fix this
megapolis
Level 6 user

Re: stock ownership

Post by megapolis »

sietse wrote:how do you get out early investors to get the 80 % ownership of your own stock.
and the stock is usually too expensive to buy out people for double the money of the equity,its not worth it?
im playing on expert with very low starting capital, and 1,000,000 starting shares outstanding.
in my last game I was issuing new stocks until I issued 1000000000 stocks limit (one billion and I mean it). as a result no one owns more than a percent of my stock.
sietse

Post by sietse »

megapolis wrote:
sietse wrote:how do you get out early investors to get the 80 % ownership of your own stock.
in my last game I was issuing new stocks until I issued 1000000000 stocks limit (one billion and I mean it). as a result no one owns more than a percent of my stock.
But if u issued ao much then u are takeover target? And u lose alot of equity ?
My last game i closed and sold my assets and investors
Bailed for 60 a share where it was 400 before i started to :disinvest, maybe not the right way to lose on purpose..or set advertising on max :twisted:
Issueing shares pauze the game and buy them with ur private account seems to discourage them too.
But they all seem to sell when book value is below 1
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

sietse wrote:
megapolis wrote:
But if u issued ao much then u are takeover target? And u lose alot of equity ?
My last game i closed and sold my assets and investors
Bailed for 60 a share where it was 400 before i started to :disinvest, maybe not the right way to lose on purpose..or set advertising on max :twisted:
Issueing shares pauze the game and buy them with ur private account seems to discourage them too.
But they all seem to sell when book value is below 1
Well, I did not care much about stock price. Yes, I lost a lot of money while doing this. My stock price and equity per share dropped from $17 to $9 despite healthy profit of $1 per share during all the years of issuing new stocks. But I reached the goals I set with this expansion. I made other's share insignificant and increased my ownership of the company from 5-7% to 50% by year 2035 while all the rivals own only 18% in total. I will have to buy out their share someday but it won't be a problem at that moment.
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Post by Spac3y »

Easy enough to do.

As soon as your game starts, pause it, use all your personal cash to buy the stock, then take a full loan and buy the rest of the stock with the companies money. Then unpause

:)