Names, cities and taxes

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
acamar

Names, cities and taxes

Post by acamar »

I have really enjoyed this game. Long time fan of the Capitalism games. Some suggestions..

Ability to change company name and maybe even logo in a game. Could be an option in the headquarters building and changing the name resets all your brand ratings. Sometimes when I play long games 100+ years I want to change it.

A way to pick cities when starting games. I like to have one on every continent but it is so random and I end up starting a bunch of games before finding a good setup.

Tariffs and taxes.. it could be like the loan rate. Would be even better if every city could have their own rates, but a global one is ok. Tax rate applies to your business income. Tariff rate applies to anything you import from another city, like the shipping charges.
Maybe even a personal income tax rate that taxes personal income.

Last a lawsuit random event. Make it a rare event but when it happens a company gets sued for a defective product and has to pay millions in damages or their brand rating immediately goes negative.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Re: Names, cities and taxes

Post by WilliamMGary »

acamar wrote:I have really enjoyed this game. Long time fan of the Capitalism games. Some suggestions..

Ability to change company name and maybe even logo in a game. Could be an option in the headquarters building and changing the name resets all your brand ratings. Sometimes when I play long games 100+ years I want to change it.
I believe they are working on allowing us the ability to change the company name already.
Tariffs and taxes.. it could be like the loan rate. Would be even better if every city could have their own rates, but a global one is ok. Tax rate applies to your business income. Tariff rate applies to anything you import from another city, like the shipping charges.
Maybe even a personal income tax rate that taxes personal income.
These are being incorporated and discussed in the forum dedicated to the City Economic DLC. On CapitalismLab.com under DLC you can see previews of features and how they are anticipated to be implemented in the game.
Last a lawsuit random event. Make it a rare event but when it happens a company gets sued for a defective product and has to pay millions in damages or their brand rating immediately goes negative.
I don't know if I speak for everyone I never play with random events. I think a lot of people in the community mentioned how the random events are not pleasant to work with. Store burns down but you can't identify which one or where its at etc. I like this idea and thought of it a few times but no way to implement it. I suggested company policies like free returns, customer service focus etc as an idea.
acamar

Post by acamar »

I don't know if I speak for everyone I never play with random events. I think a lot of people in the community mentioned how the random events are not pleasant to work with. Store burns down but you can't identify which one or where its at etc. I like this idea and thought of it a few times but no way to implement it. I suggested company policies like free returns, customer service focus etc as an idea.
Good info thanks..
I like the random events because of the randomness that disrupts operations just like in real life. I've had some fun games where I got wiped out early on but the event forced me to restructure and the game ended up going in an entirely different direction from what I planned. Agreed there should at least be a go to button when it pops up. Sometimes I click too fast and miss the message entirely only to find out a few months later my company profits are sinking because some crops were wiped out, stores looted, factory burned down, etc. that I didn't know about because I didn't see the message.

For company policies maybe returns could be based on item tech level quality. Low quality products would generate higher levels of returns. Certain product classes like clothing or toys could also have higher return rates. There could be an option in stores, or your headquarters where you choose whether to accept returns or not. If you do, any returned items show up as an expense. If you don't take returns, it has a negative effect on your brand rating. Might want to make this a game setup option though. It might make some games hard to start if you're trying to start company that sells a product class that starts with high returns or they are starting with low capital.
acamar

Post by acamar »

Just want to add on the cities, the way the program reads the cities.dbf file should be patched. I notice that on new games it almost always picks cities from the top of the list. I never see cities like Singapore, Houston, Dubai, etc. drop because they are at the bottom. It looks like it picks a random number of 'X' quality cities then picks the first entry in each quality level. If a 2 city game is setup from the list below, the program picks Shanghai and Boston most of the time and almost never picks Belgrade and Tokyo. So the program just needs a tweak so it picks any city listed instead of just the top 1 or 2 in each quality level.

Shanghai 70
Bangkok 70
Belgrade 70
Boston 90
London 90
Tokyo 90
meRlinX_AT
Level 3 user

Post by meRlinX_AT »

acamar wrote:Ability to change company name and maybe even logo in a game. Could be an option in the headquarters building and changing the name resets all your brand ratings. Sometimes when I play long games 100+ years I want to change it.
+1
atm its just possible to change the name of an Sub... logo to would be nice
acamar wrote: A way to pick cities when starting games. I like to have one on every continent but it is so random and I end up starting a bunch of games before finding a good setup.
you can setup the cities and other parameters with an script - http://www.capitalismlab.com/user-defined-scripts.html
not very user-friendly but possible.
acamar wrote:Tariffs and taxes.. it could be like the loan rate. Would be even better if every city could have their own rates.
it's
- just cosmetic which will just rice the price for the customer's or slow down the gameplay (business growth) because you make less profit.
- otherwise you would need a complete tax system (for each city different) including accounting and branch offices in every city... and only if I can influence where and the amount of taxes I pay (including illegal methods)
acamar wrote:Tax rate applies to your business income. Tariff rate applies to anything you import from another city, like the shipping charges.
the shipping charges are so high and sometimes imbalanced in the game ... you pay them already

acamar wrote:Maybe even a personal income tax rate that taxes personal income.
+1
if it makes a difference if i build my mansion in coco island or in Paris

acamar wrote: Last a lawsuit random event. Make it a rare event but when it happens a company gets sued for a defective product and has to pay millions in damages or their brand rating immediately goes negative.
+1 if the events system will be fixed and is usable and if it makes a difference if i have my HQ in USA (you can be sued if a customer orders hot coffee and burns his lips) or EU (you have to do something grossly negligent).
Win 7 Pro / Cap Lab 4.4.19 + Sub DLC

* I'm not an native English speaker - maybe some phrases or words are not the "yellow from the egg".