Keyboard Shortcuts

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
mrgarrettscott
Level 4 user

Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by mrgarrettscott »

I searched the forum and found suggestions for keyboard shortcuts and customizable key bindings. With my first post, I would renew the request for one, the other or both.

The Build Menu, one of the most frequently used and most important menus in the game, has but a single shortcut, 'b' to open the Build Menu. It is time to address it. For me and many others, it is a quality of life issue. Capitalism Lab is still being actively developed in 2017 and the lack of keyboard shortcuts for this essential menu drives me crazy. Compare it opening the file menu of a Windows program and ALWAYS having to use the mouse. ARRRGGGHHHH :x

Please, make it happen!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Keyboard Shortcuts

Post by David »

Did you mean that you want to have the ability to customize the 'b' key to another key?
mrgarrettscott
Level 4 user

Post by mrgarrettscott »

David wrote:Did you mean that you want to have the ability to customize the 'b' key to another key?
No sir! After you use 'b' to open the build menu, you are brought to the 'Building Types' menu. From there, it is all mouse action. If I'm about to build five farms at once, I have to access the build menu and click through fives times, once for each farm. What I would rather do is press Ctrl+Shift+F or some customizable key combination that gives me the farm I want without clicking through menus. Since the game wasn't designed as a traditional 'Windows' program, I imagine it wouldn't be easy to do.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

You may hold the [Shift] key to build more firms of the same type. Please see the attached screenshot.
Attachments
build farm.png
build farm.png (1.93 MiB) Viewed 720 times
mrgarrettscott
Level 4 user

Post by mrgarrettscott »

Thank you! I never noticed that.