Political parties!

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Who would like to have a script or an option to set the number of parties?

In my opinion, a larger number of political parties would cause great competition to the political power of the cities, who agrees to (yes).
67%
Whoever prefers the standard game model or doesn't care much about politics, (NO).
33%

Total votes: 12

Junirtinerel21

Political parties!

Post by Junirtinerel21 »

Hi! I am the kind of player who is very fond of getting involved in city politics, so as to benefit my business, my games are always with few cities between 3 and 6 cities, so it always separates me very easily to maintain political power with little competition. always between 2 opposite parties, I would like to have more competition, with more parties involved, so I decided to make this package.
standardplayer
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Political parties!

Post by standardplayer »

Maybe there could be additional political positions besides just the mayor that give you additional items to control. Possibly a Treasurer, District Attorney, etc.
lowkeybavil
Level 3 user

Post by lowkeybavil »

standardplayer wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:53 am Maybe there could be additional political positions besides just the mayor that give you additional items to control. Possibly a Treasurer, District Attorney, etc.
This is a great idea as well as the original also what i would add is that political parties need to be more competitive maybe add policies in there? simple ones that affect their role as mayor such as tax or welfare options.

also there should be expanded features for a mayor to be able to do such as start up state owned companies((like internet or telecom, oil etc(i know game is capitalism, but it would be fun to add a opposition to the private companies would give the game a new dynamic (potentially just a start up option for those who would prefer to have this mode?)
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Junirtinerel21 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:06 am Hi! I am the kind of player who is very fond of getting involved in city politics, so as to benefit my business, my games are always with few cities between 3 and 6 cities, so it always separates me very easily to maintain political power with little competition. always between 2 opposite parties, I would like to have more competition, with more parties involved, so I decided to make this package.
Have you tried setting the "Donations to Rival Political Parties" to maximum on the New Game Settings menu? It would increase the competition.
For more details, please see: https://www.capitalismlab.com/ces-dlc/n ... -settings/

In fact, having more political parties is likely to reduce the amount of donations by AI to each of the rival parties, thus making it easier for the player to win the election.

Or put it this way: the donation to the player's party mainly come from the player, thus remaining unchanged. But the donations to each of the rival parties will be reduced as a result of the AI donations spreading over more parties.

Example:
Before the change:
Player 40%, AI political party: 60%
AI wins

After the change:
Player 40%, AI political party 1: 30%, , AI political party 2: 30%
The player wins.