New features after release

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

What new features would you like to see?

Custom script for user created scenarios, including event triggers, customized cities, some of the features suggested the "scenario editor" post (implemented) (http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... f=14&t=298)
11%
Support private companies and the ability to stage a turnaround after the player's company is taken over by AI. (http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 3909#p3909)
3%
New apartment buildings - like luxury condo which has a lower density and a higher rent per square meter. Deeper simulation on apartments - luxury condos will attract affluent citizens and etc.
9%
More options for telling your COO, CTO and potentially CMO to follow your management directions and preferences. (implemented) (http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =14&t=1099)
11%
Funding research projects in universities in the game. The success rate is low but successful research projects will give you a massive breakthrough in technology (like iPhone smashing the competition back then)
4%
Strong competitors from foreign cities which are out of your reach and invisible to you initially. As your corporation gets bigger, you can enter the foreign cities to compete with the big guys.
8%
The player starts as an ordinary business person and run for the mayor of a city. The mayor can build public facilities, apartments and impose a sale tax. Competition among cities for new businesses and immigration.
3%
Allow the player to be the CEO of more than one company, running multiple companies at the same time. There will be a simple interface for switching which company to control.
33%
Persons will get married, have children, age, and retire. RPG elements for persons to improve skills and develop new skills. A family dynasty that controls a large business empire.
13%
Duplicable/linked firms so that one firm can either be copied/duplicated and if they are linked, if the orders in one is changes, the others are changed too. (http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... f=14&t=658)
5%

Total votes: 120

WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Re: New features after release

Post by WilliamMGary »

I think the best way to implement this is to allow us to be like a COO of another firm or Director of the board. We need more control over companies that we have a substantial financial stake in either from our shareholders prospective or our personal prospective.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

For this "More options for telling your COO, CTO and potentially CMO to follow your management directions and preferences.", we have add a post for collecting your feedback. Please see it at http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =14&t=1099
eastsyd83

Post by eastsyd83 »

Omg please david and who ever else decides the fate of the direction of the game is going to go in, im sick of restarting my game over and over again, all i wanna do is pick my expertise and the cities i wanna play with, how hard is it to do, i am no programmer or anything but where are these randomly genrated codes, would u be able to turn of the random aspect for the human player and add an option at the screen where u choose your name face company logo and color and put in expertise as well. It seems silly to me i dont like much other then automotive computers and furnituire and while i may branch out in more i start a company on the idea of one type of industry. And even if the affect is not really that great of a bonus i hate seeing drugs as exp when i focus on auto.

Its really annoying to the point it takes so long to start the game i want that by the time i get what i want i dont even wanna play cause i am over it. I love what u guys have done and never got pissed at a 6 hour game just crashing cause of bugs cause i was so happy someone or a group saw a game that surpasses many in so many ways when it comes to a business sim. Please ill donate 50 aussie bucks if u put it in email me if interested im sure u got it from the rego. I love this game and its the biggest drawback from me and i had hoped desperately that it would be implemented. Giving the user of the software more customization from the start would have been up there i thought but u guys know what your doing so i can only hope my cry for help is well recieved and helps to imput it in. Im begging here please please please please : ( : ( Love peace and happy gamming
David

Post by David »

http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 5141#p5141

Latest update: "Able to customize cities in a new game and their population growth rate using script files" is now scheduled for implementation.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

W00t!
David

Post by David »

Latest Update: New feature "More options for telling your COO, CTO and potentially CMO to follow your management directions and preferences" has been implemented and is available in post-release Beta version 2.1.00.
willy123

Post by willy123 »

With replay value, this game hits it on the head. It is the best simulation game i have played so far. I have already recommended to my friends and would like to see this game go far.

I would like to see more with the stock exchange, more, options?

I will be writing great reviews!
loldude101

Post by loldude101 »

Thanks for the custom script features, now I can finally control how many ports are in every city.
David

Post by David »

For this new feature "Allow the player to be the CEO of more than one company, running multiple companies at the same time. There will be a simple interface for switching which company to control.", please check out the forum: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=37

In that forum, there are more detailed polls regarding the types of control you want to exert on your subsidiaries. You may visit that forum and let us know your thoughts.
Adik3714

Post by Adik3714 »

That dynasty thing would be definitely something that adds more story to the Capitalism. Anyway I always think about the Forsyte saga and succesion intriques when playing this unique game.