Building cost in DLC very very low

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
Jaskan
Level 2 user

Building cost in DLC very very low

Post by Jaskan »

I usually start my games with real estate.

But first time trying this DLC, I can see building cost of all kinds is too cheap.
You setup so many Apartments etc money is no problem , just using loans, not even shares.

Also there is hardly any difference in price to build/setup various apartment or commercial building types.

I hope this is a bug, cause I can no longer use real estate in the game, it kills the challenge, too easy.
Something about the price of putting up real estate has changed making it too cheap.

using latest version of game and city DLC + sub DLC

cheers
megapolis
Level 6 user

Re: Building cost in DLC very very low

Post by megapolis »

Hi Jaskan,

I have the same issue with CES DLC. Unfortunately in my opinion this DLC is focused on city-building and other areas are neglected by this focus. In my games I did not prevent myself from building real estate empire and I found out that the only real goal that you can achieve in this expansion is building large and successful cities. Your personal wealth or company profits does not make sense in this game because of bad AI city management.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

But first time trying this DLC, I can see building cost of all kinds is too cheap.
You setup so many Apartments etc money is no problem , just using loans, not even shares.
Please try the latest version 4.4.16.
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 009#p19009

Version 4.4.16
Various bug fixes.
The setup and running costs of apartments and commercial buildings in the City Economic Simulation DLC are set to the same rates as the base game version (the version without that DLC).
Jaskan
Level 2 user

Post by Jaskan »

David wrote:
Please try the latest version 4.4.16.
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 009#p19009

Version 4.4.16
Various bug fixes.
The setup and running costs of apartments and commercial buildings in the City Economic Simulation DLC are set to the same rates as the base game version (the version without that DLC).
cheers give that a try feedback
Jaskan
Level 2 user

Post by Jaskan »

megapolis wrote:Hi Jaskan,

I have the same issue with CES DLC. Unfortunately in my opinion this DLC is focused on city-building and other areas are neglected by this focus. In my games I did not prevent myself from building real estate empire and I found out that the only real goal that you can achieve in this expansion is building large and successful cities. Your personal wealth or company profits does not make sense in this game because of bad AI city management.
Thanks for the heads-up on that. I wount bother playing till its fixed, cause the city thing on its own, aint for money. First let me try the new update.

cheers
Jaskan
Level 2 user

Post by Jaskan »

Thanks prices are looking better for building cost in new version.

I increased land prices also just to add little bit more fun.

I don't mind having my old Caplab game working as it was alongside this new CES
while I investigate Politics. WaterGate Hear I come. By the way can we have female interns for politicians, or do I need a Lewinsky Mod for that.