Wishlist: Something other than 3 Apartments

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
GotBuds
Level 2 user

Wishlist: Something other than 3 Apartments

Post by GotBuds »

I have been playing CES since beta and love the expansion of the game, but find myself getting visually displeased with the cities. Why was there nothing included in form of houses, tract lots, neighborhoods..etc? While the city building and funneling of my corp/sub cash into the city is fun, the design and look of large cities with nothing but tall apartments is very tiresome. The loaded AI cities have houses, trees, a real city look, why would the player made city be limited to just looking like a large concrete jungle?
Abrutalism
Level 2 user

Re: Wishlist: Something other than 3 Apartments

Post by Abrutalism »

I have been playing CES since beta and love the expansion of the game, but find myself getting visually displeased with the cities. Why was there nothing included in form of houses, tract lots, neighborhoods..etc? While the city building and funneling of my corp/sub cash into the city is fun, the design and look of large cities with nothing but tall apartments is very tiresome. The loaded AI cities have houses, trees, a real city look, why would the player made city be limited to just looking like a large concrete jungle?
+1
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I have forwarded your suggestion to the dev team for their consideration.

In the meantime, you may add parks to the city on your own via the Build menu, as shown in the attached screenshot.
Attachments
park.png
park.png (1.26 MiB) Viewed 2587 times
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Post by Spac3y »

+1 from me too. It would be nice to see some new units in the commercial and appartment selections :)
GotBuds
Level 2 user

Post by GotBuds »

David wrote:I have forwarded your suggestion to the dev team for their consideration.

In the meantime, you may add parks to the city on your own via the Build menu, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Thanks David!

I do use the parks feature regularly to break up the visualization issue. The problem i do have with that though is the AI can build where i have placed a park unless i zone each park section to "no build" after the park is placed. Something that can get very tiresome with a very large city. Tract homes and neighborhood plots (1x1 up to 5x5) not only acheive the visual aspect of a real city but also can provide housing for new citizens. If each "plot" was locked to a set number of citizens allowed to live, buildable only by the city and non transferable to player corps, it would be a reveune/expense neutral aspect , give a small boost to city qualities of life and provide the visual enhancements desired..a win win for an already awesome expansion to an excellent game!

Appreciate all the work you all do to enhance the game!