Gold deposits too small?

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
Toptherms_Aracy

Gold deposits too small?

Post by Toptherms_Aracy »

Started a game with the CES DLC and rolled a Jewelry expertise on my CEO. Since I never started with Jewelry before I gave it a shot.

Built a Silver necklace industry from the ground up, and quickly went into gold rings. That's when I noticed the problem.
I never had more than 50% of the market share on gold rings, while I had 80-90% of the silver market in the 4 cities where I ran retail.

The game started in 1990, and my silver mine ran out in 1997, completely fine. But my gold mine, that I started in 1991, ran out in 93. The second one in 94, and I started having to build 2 new mines every year and a half. So here's the question:

Aren't the gold deposits too small? I had presence in 4 of the 7 cities, and I had far larger market share on silver, and the mine lasted 7 years compared to the 9 months for gold. If I had similar shares on both (80-90%) that would be a mine every 6 months. And if I invested in all cities,that would be a mine every 3-4 months.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Gold deposits too small?

Post by David »

We will increase the amount of gold deposits in the next patch v5.0.08.
Toptherms_Aracy

Post by Toptherms_Aracy »

The number of deposits, or the amount of gold on each deposit? Just for clarification.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

The amount of gold on each deposit.
comolokko

Post by comolokko »

Toptherms_Aracy wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:59 pm Started a game with the CES DLC and rolled a Jewelry expertise on my CEO. Since I never started with Jewelry before I gave it a shot.

Built a Silver necklace industry from the ground up, and quickly went into gold rings. That's when I noticed the problem.
I never had more than 50% of the market share on gold rings, while I had 80-90% of the silver market in the 4 cities where I ran retail.

The game started in 1990, and my silver mine ran out in 1997, completely fine. But my gold mine, that I started in 1991, ran out in 93. The second one in 94, and I started having to build 2 new mines every year and a half. So here's the question:

Aren't the gold deposits too small? I had presence in 4 of the 7 cities, and I had far larger market share on silver, and the mine lasted 7 years compared to the 9 months for gold. If I had similar shares on both (80-90%) that would be a mine every 6 months. And if I invested in all cities,that would be a mine every 3-4 months.
I also love gold rings.