Online, Business.

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
Jefreyy

Online, Business.

Post by Jefreyy »

You Well you can easily generate, income through online marketing. You can generate, income on regular foundation at home. Email marketing is very good home base business and profitable.
Mcdaniel

Re: Online, Business.

Post by Mcdaniel »

Online marketing is very use full for student because students can earn profit or generate income at home Email marketing also very good source of earning profit at home
therealevan
Level 4 user

Post by therealevan »

I really think this forum needs a captcha system for registration of users. There's no way these are actual humans.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We have changed our captcha system several times and the current one seems quite decent (You may try registering as a new user to see how the current captcha system works).

Any suggestions for improving the new user verification process?
therealevan
Level 4 user

Post by therealevan »

What type of captcha system is currently in place? I think the captchas that require the user registering to figure out a problem works well, like what is 2+2-2 = ?? Requiring specific input. If i recall correctly, the captcha system that requires the user to input various letters/numbers randomly has a seed that can be found by bots that will have no problem getting passed. I could be wrong.
David

Post by David »

The captcha system we are using is KeyCaptcha ( https://www.keycaptcha.com/ )

It is supposed to work against bots. Perhaps human users did the registrations and posted spam messages?
therealevan
Level 4 user

Post by therealevan »

Any possible to way to see what IPs they're posting from? It's hard to tell.. I guess it is possible for human registration and have bots post.
David

Post by David »

It is in fact difficult to tell whether it is a bot or a human user by just looking at the IP.
therealevan
Level 4 user

Post by therealevan »

I was just curious that's all. You might want to consider phpBB forums/support to see if they have any suggestions on preventing bots. I'm sure there are others preventative measures.
applemachine

Post by applemachine »

David, if you can edit the forum files to make all outbound links "no-follow" then they would have no incentive to post spam links. As of now your site offers a decent amount of benefit for posting spam. It is in the business niche and passes good authority.

Also, consider altering the "footprint" of the forum software. At the bottom of most forums phrases like "Powered by phpBB" are used to find forums using google. You probably want to link to phpbb to support their good work, but you can change the phrase or include a symbol to prevent spam bots from finding your forum. For example instead of "Powered by phpBB", change it to an image or something.

By following these steps you will stop spammers from finding your site and remove the incentive. A no-follow links is as good as garbage and by changing the footprint you hide your forum from spammer scum.

My business is SEO but I work in the realm of high quality. I know how spammers operate, but even though I follow a much higher standard I hate spammers because... well... their strategies work.