Chief Operating Officer Takeover *Bug*

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
Parkerrush92
Level 4 user

Chief Operating Officer Takeover *Bug*

Post by Parkerrush92 »

MY COO TOOK ME OVER!

I'd been carefully regulating my share price and stake. I think this is a bug. Eventually I noticed my coo, (A high net worth individual) had control of 41% of my company. I immediately took a large loan and began buying stock back from individual investors. After buying 3 separate times I LOST THE GAME! my coo now had more than 50% of my shares. To be clear there were no outstanding public shares. the shares simply went from one investor, to me, and all of a sudden my Carlos Gohsn gains an additional 9%. Anybody else have this BUG?
Parkerrush92
Level 4 user

Re: Chief Operating Officer Takeover *Bug*

Post by Parkerrush92 »

I reloaded the game and issued new shares. a 12% dilution. My coo position was reduced by 12% But whenever I buy back new shares, my non-player executives stake increases!
kevintw

Re: Chief Operating Officer Takeover *Bug*

Post by kevintw »

Make sure you are buying back the share back from "your character" not your company.

Example:

company's total share - 10,000

You - 45% (4,500)
COO - 45% (4,500)
Others - 10% (1,000)

-------------------------------------------------------------
When you buy back the 10% with the company money, you are simply increasing the value of the other shares. (Unless you have 50%+ of the company share, it don't matter if you created the company it is still not yours)

After buying back with the company money
You - 50% (4,500)
COO - 50% (4,500)

company's total share - 9,000

------------------------------------------------------------
If you buy with your character's money
You - 55% (5,500)
COO - 45% (4,500)

company's total share - 10,000

PS. my suggestion is to always buy back all your stock at the start of the game. take loan if you need more money. it is always cheaper then buying back from other players later.