Newbie Script

Discussions about scenario games and user-defined scripts.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Newbie Script

Post by WilliamMGary »

http://capitalismfans.com/download/view ... cript.html

An environment developed for first time players of the Capitalism Game series.

Features of Script

Only 3 Cities each with population of 5 million

Only 4 competitors with very low start-up capital, aggressiveness and expertise

Ability to see competitor trade secrets

Player Start-Up Capital Is Very High

Game Starts in the year 2000

Technology Disruption is off

No Stock Market

4 Consumer & Industrial Goods Seaports

COO & CTO salaries 10% of original rate

How To Install

Go to your My Documents -> My Games -> Capitalism Lab (or Post-Release Beta) -> Create Script Folder

Extract script file into this folder

How To Play

Start Capitalism Lab (or Post-Release) -> Click Customer Game -> Top Left hand side click “Load Script”

Long-Term Goal:

To create a tutorial teaching the basics of Capitalism Lab using this script.
counting
Level 8 user

Re: Newbie Script

Post by counting »

I miss the Cap 2 single player campaigns. I wish they can be brought back in Cap lab.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

counting wrote:I miss the Cap 2 single player campaigns. I wish they can be brought back in Cap lab.

I skipped them and as a result had to read the manual (no other game did I do that for) to understand how to play. With Capitalism Lab it would be nice to have a written intro tutorial, and it has so many more features then Cap 2 that for new players removing most of those features might be helpful and allow them to explore without getting overwhelmed.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

counting wrote:I miss the Cap 2 single player campaigns. I wish they can be brought back in Cap lab.
There are currently 4 scenario scripts in CapLab and we will release more in the future. Have you tried any of them? What are your comments about them?
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

David wrote: There are currently 4 scenario scripts in CapLab and we will release more in the future. Have you tried any of them? What are your comments about them?
Fashion venture, Real estate mogul, Toys and gadgets, and Corporate leadership these four?

I think most are fine as normal scenarios if you are seasoned players. And they cover some of the basic focus and strategies. But I wish there are more of them and they should setup in a proper way, that players would have to use much deeper but specific strategies. And we need to have some step by step missions and slowly introduced some concepts, too many options can be overwhelming for beginners.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

counting wrote:
David wrote: There are currently 4 scenario scripts in CapLab and we will release more in the future. Have you tried any of them? What are your comments about them?
Fashion venture, Real estate mogul, Toys and gadgets, and Corporate leadership these four?

I think most are fine as normal scenarios if you are seasoned players. And they cover some of the basic focus and strategies. But I wish there are more of them and they should setup in a proper way, that players would have to use much deeper but specific strategies. And we need to have some step by step missions and slowly introduced some concepts, too many options can be overwhelming for beginners.

Thoughts on the newbie script?
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

WilliamMGary wrote:
Thoughts on the newbie script?
Hmm, the low difficult setting is less of a problem in general (perhaps it doesn't have to be easy, sometimes just the right amount of challenge is better). I think we need some tutorial like scenario stages, and let players focus on one task at a time. Maybe setting some stage goal like dominate certain product first (farm products perhaps?), and then the next goal. But I do think we need some pre-setup buildings and businesses (like in Cap II missions) for it to be effective.