German localization

This forum is for those of you who are interested in localizing the game text in Capitalism Lab into your native language on your own
SiSaSyco

Re: German localization

Post by SiSaSyco »

I tried the german translate.txt but my Game crashes as soon as I click "Custom Game"
I tried a new translate.txt with only one translation of CORPORATE COLOR and this seems to work ok. CORPORATE COLOR in Custom Game Menu was translated.
I even noticed that the german translate.txt from Flouwy contains strings of other games, too. For example:

Code: Select all

Welcome to Seven Kingdoms II. You must register your name first.|
Willkommen bei Seven Kingdoms II. Sie muessen Ihren Namen zuerst registrieren.|
~
You are about to start a training game. It should help you to get the most fun out of Seven Kingdoms II.|
Sie sind dabei, eine Ausbildung Spiel zu starten. Es soll Ihnen helfen, die am meisten Spass von Seven Kingdoms II bekommen.|
~
EDIT: I just saw these Strings are already Present in the t_gmenu.res :roll:

Is this example correct syntax. I found it in this translation, too?

Code: Select all

page %1d/%2d|
Seite 1d% /% 2d|
What Strings / formation within the translate.txt could cause the Game to crash?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

For those who are interested in downloading the CapLab German translation created by Flouwy, I now posted the file again here as attachment file.
Attachments
German translation.zip
(29.32 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
Flouwy

Post by Flouwy »

Hello together,

here is the new version of my german translation. Tested with CapLap Version 2.6.19.

Have Fun!

Greetings Flouwy
-

Hallo zusammen,

hier ist die neue Version meiner Deutschübersetzung. Sie ist allerdings weder perfekt noch vollständig, aber große Teile im Spiel wurden bereits übersetzt. Die Übersetzung wurde mit CapLap Version 2.6.19. getestet.

Viel Spaß!

Gruß Flouwy
Attachments
Translate.zip
(29.5 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
David

Post by David »

Nice work with the updated German translation!

For your information, we have just published a new guide about translating Capitalism Lab in-game text on the official Capitalism Lab web site.

You may read it at: http://www.capitalismlab.com/game-text- ... users.html

-----------------

I have also created a Github repository for CapLab translation files. You may upload your German translation files there.

https://github.com/caplabtranslate

By using Github, you may invite your friends to collaborate with you to translate the rest of the game text in Capitalism Lab into German.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Taverno LP

Post by Taverno LP »

Hello Forum,

Ich arbeite an der 98% Übersetzung falls jemand interesse hat, einfach mal durch melden ;),
inklusive der Tutorials und den Chalange Spiele.
Die Translate.txt von Flouwy, habe ich mir auch runtergeladen und überarbeite diese mit erweiterungen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm working on the 98% translation of the game, including tutorials and Chalange games. If you are interested, you can contact me ..
I revised the Translate.txt of Flouwy.

Viele Grüsse

Taverno
Flouwy

Post by Flouwy »

Taverno LP wrote:Hello Forum,

Ich arbeite an der 98% Übersetzung falls jemand interesse hat, einfach mal durch melden ;),
inklusive der Tutorials und den Chalange Spiele.
Die Translate.txt von Flouwy, habe ich mir auch runtergeladen und überarbeite diese mit erweiterungen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm working on the 98% translation of the game, including tutorials and Chalange games. If you are interested, you can contact me ..
I revised the Translate.txt of Flouwy.

Viele Grüsse

Taverno
Hallo Taverno,
wie ist dein aktueller Stand? Kannst du die Datei hochladen?

Viele Grüße
Flouwy
anjali
Level 4 user

Post by anjali »

i am currently going through the german translation and correct it where neccessary, theres one thing i am wondering where theres in the english the %1s, its in the german translation % 1 is this space inbetween % and 1 in the german translation wanted or typo? see example below

Error creating %1s directory|
Fehler beim Erstellen des Verzeichnisses % 1s|

other thing was
quality sold <<< typo? does it should be quantity sold?
David

Post by David »

Error creating %1s directory|
Fehler beim Erstellen des Verzeichnisses % 1s|
There should be no space between % and 1. It should be %1

other thing was
quality sold <<< typo? does it should be quantity sold?
I searched the text files in the latest version and the above text is no longer there.
anjali
Level 4 user

Post by anjali »

i pulled the last file availible, no idea if ya ve more recent files, but i m done with the roughly 7300 lines
some i did translate word by word some freely, business terms most of time 1:1 as i have the files for correct translation due to the fact of doing it the other way around (converting a german accounting software, to be used in english speaking country)

still possible that a few things might sound odd when brought in context due to the translation beeing word by word which is often taking a guess where its gonna be used.
Attachments
Translate.txt.zip
(31.14 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
David

Post by David »

You may use WinMerge to merge the old version and the new version of the translation text files.

WinMerge can be downloaded for free at: http://winmerge.org/?lang=en