Old english files for old translation

This forum is for those of you who are interested in localizing the game text in Capitalism Lab into your native language on your own
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Old english files for old translation

Post by paulwoman »

Hello.

I'm planning to transcribe to OmegaT the languages that haven't been updated in "quite a while".

Do you still have the t_game, help, and gm_help files in English from when the translation was done?

It's easier to transcribe than with the most recent versions.

I would like transcribe Dutch, Korean and Polish

Thank you for your help.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Old english files for old translation

Post by David »

Do you still have the t_game, help, and gm_help files in English from when the translation was done?
We do keep some of the old versions of the game. Which version do you need?
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

David wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:57 pm We do keep some of the old versions of the game. Which version do you need?
It depends on when the translation was made. Here is for information the date of the last modification of the files I have.

PS : don't need update those files, This is to make them more easily accessible.
  1. Dutch
  2. Korean
  3. Polish
In order to transcribe the translation easily, OmegaT needs the version of the file that corresponds to the one used as a basis.

So if I do this with the current version, I may be offered the example line having the line [2998], whereas it is [2997].

By the way, if you have a solution to transcribe "easily" the terms in "translate.txt" in a sheet, I'm interested ^^^
David

Post by David »

Unfortunately, it seems that there is no possible way to tell which game version these translation files are based on. The dates of the translation files may not be correlated to the dates of the EXE files, as the translation could be made any time after the EXE files were released.

If you like, I can find the game versions which are closest to the translation files' dates but it does not guarantee that they would match.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

Thank you for checking :)

If we don't have enough clues with the dates, would it be possible to have as many versions as possible?

I would like you to send them here : https://data.netfinity.fr/u/d/3c933117f12c4ac7ad46/

I could then use WinMerge to see the versions that have the same number of type [0170] and others.

Thanks again.
David

Post by David »

Actually we have backup of over 30 old versions. It will take a long time to upload and it will also take a long time for you to check each version. At the end of the day, they still may not match the translation files.

I was wondering if you think it would be worth the effort. The Korean translators prepare the translations on their own as they have their own forum in Korean dedicated to Capitalism Lab. Perhaps you would like to first get in touch with them and see if they will respond before spending more time on this. (I had no luck establishing a direct communication with the Korean translator so far.)

As for the Dutch version, actually most people in Netherlands speak English and they probably don't need the translation file.

Source:
"English in the Netherlands, according to research, can be spoken by 90% to 93% of the Dutch population. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_i ... population.

As for the Polish version, I think we can try CapLab version 4.3.14, which was released in 2017. Please find the text files attached.
Attachments
text.rar
(43.44 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

Here are 3 videos that explain in detail why I made such an "exotic" request.

1) There is no translation.

https://youtu.be/xSZFEAA7m2Y

2) A version with the last version of the game is available

https://youtu.be/wVfbsB1lICY

3) The translation is very old
https://youtu.be/g_J-QgqqwKo

David wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:27 pm I was wondering if you think it would be worth the effort.
If I do it, I do it willingly. Also, assuming someone contacts for the languages I have put back on OmegaT, it will mean less work for us on "D-Day".
David wrote: Perhaps you would like to first get in touch with them and see if they will respond before spending more time on this. (I had no luck establishing a direct communication with the Korean translator so far.)

Can you tell me where I can contact them ?
David wrote: As for the Dutch version, actually most people in Netherlands speak English and they probably don't need the translation file.

Source:
"English in the Netherlands, according to research, can be spoken by 90% to 93% of the Dutch population. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_i ... population.
Thanks for the information.
David wrote:
As for the Polish version, I think we can try CapLab version 4.3.14, which was released in 2017. Please find the text files attached.
Thanks. I had to make some modifications, but this is a great help :)
David

Post by David »

Thanks. I had to make some modifications, but this is a great help :)
If you need the game text files from other old versions of Capitalism Lab, please let me know and I will provide them to you.

Thanks.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

David wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:51 pm
If you need the game text files from other old versions of Capitalism Lab, please let me know and I will provide them to you.

Thanks^^

By the way, I was "lucky" that for Dutch, there were "only" additions of lines AFTER. So the operation was easy to do.

All I have left is the necessary information to contact the Korean team and everything will be "ok".
David

Post by David »

paulwoman wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:32 pm Thanks^^

By the way, I was "lucky" that for Dutch, there were "only" additions of lines AFTER. So the operation was easy to do.
Good to know that.
All I have left is the necessary information to contact the Korean team and everything will be "ok".

I only know that the translation was done by a guy called Incrediple but I do not know how to contact him.