Cash back to parent company

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
kimsunwoo
Level 2 user

Cash back to parent company

Post by kimsunwoo »

Hello,

Same as Apple, I'd like to create an assets management subsidiary to which I inject my huge excedent of cash.
With this subsidiary I will invest the cash into the stock market and give the parent company the dividends of the profit buying-selling shares.

Now my problem is if suddenly I decide that with the parent company I'm going to buy a big competitor.
In that case I need my money back from the subsidiary, and as far as I know there's no financial tool to achieve this in the game.
Ideally, the subsidiary should be able to sell all the stocks it's been managing, convert them to cash, and distribute them as dividends (since the parent owns 100% this would be the same than transfering the money back). If this money has to be taxed, it's still OK as long as I can get it back to the parent.

Is it possible to add an option to the finantial actions of the subsidiary like "distribute extraordinary dividend"?

------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing I want to ask, because the late game has to be real fun, is if it's possible to shorten the numbers when they become too big (profit over 1 trillion, huge market capitalizations, etc). I can imagine some of them won't fit the available space and things can get messy.
Could there be an option to check and uncheck working in millions as unit of cash? So instead of 1.535.350.258.128 $ it becomes 1.535.350 M $.

Thanks in advance for looking into this.
G4ronmino
Level 3 user

Re: Cash back to parent company

Post by G4ronmino »

Agree
kimsunwoo
Level 2 user

Post by kimsunwoo »

And yet another suggestion that goes in line with the cash-managing subsidiary thing and the late game balance.

As the game goes on, if you're successful you'll be generating tons of cash. There's a point when you can invest a lot in growth and still accumulate cash like crazy. Today I'm buying stocks of other companies to make some profit of it (as explained in my first post), but eventually I'll end up owing some of these companies and competitors, which is not my goal and in the end spoils the fun.

Can we rather have an option to invest in "low profit securities"? Like government bonds that you buy in exchange for long term interests. It would work more or less like the borrow loan option, but the other way around and with a much lower interest.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I agree with all of these suggestions. I've always thought we needed more instruments for using cash in the late game
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Post by jbvisual »

The les bigger profit and cash numers are a verry good idea. sometimes i cant see my numbers anymore :P.
When i own almost 100% of every market i make over $x.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx profit...
it wil be better to see x.xxx.xxx.xxx Tril
Njeroe
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Post by Njeroe »

There should be a way to let cash flow back to the parent company on a regular basis. Dividends alone are not sufficient and usually has a big impact on cash levels. I usually split up my company in different product classes to let the AI manage the lategame. But I only receive parts of the profit in the end of the year. It should be possible to set a percentage of the earnings each month to go to the parent company.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

Njeroe wrote:There should be a way to let cash flow back to the parent company on a regular basis. Dividends alone are not sufficient and usually has a big impact on cash levels. I usually split up my company in different product classes to let the AI manage the lategame. But I only receive parts of the profit in the end of the year. It should be possible to set a percentage of the earnings each month to go to the parent company.
I agree.
kimsunwoo
Level 2 user

Post by kimsunwoo »

Hello!

Any feedback from the developers?
Specially the no. of digits management is very important for the late game.

Thanks.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

kimsunwoo wrote:Hello!

Any feedback from the developers?
Specially the no. of digits management is very important for the late game.

Thanks.
I would suggest that you create a poll for your suggestion. If there is a large enough number of users interested in it, there will be a higher chance that the development team will implement it.

You could see some examples in the Suggestion forum.
L3mur

Post by L3mur »

I also missed that.