Problem with subsidiaries

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
Yacal
Level 2 user

Problem with subsidiaries

Post by Yacal »

Hello, I want to say that im very happy with this game and it's way better since I bought the two DLC's, but I got a problem that keeps happening to me.
When I make a subsidiary company its doesnt matter what config or how much money I give, they do literally nothing, not even a single building, and when I buy for them they just fullfill everything with one or two products, and of course, go negative and broke.
I play in the hardest difficulty possible, like more than 300%, most agressive, better enemies, but they do nothing.
In the last game I played building farms for meat, I made a subsidiary and give tons of money and all my shops, and bought more for him to work, he was allow to only make retail stores and to sell food and snacks, he got to do NOTHING MORE, but he did nothing at all and I had to sell, the funny thing is that desperately I did ask for loan in that company and give a tons of money just to build a lot of stores, hoping that it may work... it didnt, but when I sold the company, VOILÁ!, it became possitive, he started closing the bad stores (which did not before) and suddenly he understands how to play...

Honestly this is the main purpose of the DLC and an awesome feature, but just didnt work for me.
Im I doing something wrong?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Problem with subsidiaries

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

If you are using the Post-release Beta version of Capitalism Lab, the folder would be:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or email the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.
Yacal
Level 2 user

Post by Yacal »

David wrote:We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

If you are using the Post-release Beta version of Capitalism Lab, the folder would be:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or email the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.

1) Im using 4.4.29
2) There's no exacts steps to trigger as it always its happening to me
3) I use no mods, just the DLC's

The name of the first subsidiare was Alba Foods, but since I sold it, it became powerfull, and the new one its "All in one!" and its doing nothing, the two shops and two residentials was done by me

Thanks!
Yacal
Level 2 user

Post by Yacal »

i had an issue trying to upload the savegame, the forum told me SAV extension was not allowed so I did a rar
Attachments
IDNB_003.rar
savegame
(8.18 MiB) Downloaded 61 times
Yacal
Level 2 user

Post by Yacal »

By the way I detected something that maybe an issue. With a subsidiary I bought and merge another company with stocks, so now it's not public but some "Anonymous" got the stocks, and I cant rebuy them
David

Post by David »

Yacal wrote:i had an issue trying to upload the savegame, the forum told me SAV extension was not allowed so I did a rar
I have checked your save game. It is due to the fact that the subsidiary company does not have sufficient cash and the CEO is not comfortable with expanding the business.

Our dev team is working on an update that will show a message to the player about this and inform the player how much cash the subsidiary company will need to start expanding.

Also, you have to enable [Expand in Production] and [Expand in R&D] on the subsidiary company's policy screen.
Details: http://www.capitalismlab.com/subsidiary ... y-control/
Yacal
Level 2 user

Post by Yacal »

David wrote:
Yacal wrote:i had an issue trying to upload the savegame, the forum told me SAV extension was not allowed so I did a rar
I have checked your save game. It is due to the fact that the subsidiary company does not have sufficient cash and the CEO is not comfortable with expanding the business.

Our dev team is working on an update that will show a message to the player about this and inform the player how much cash the subsidiary company will need to start expanding.

Also, you have to enable [Expand in Production] and [Expand in R&D] on the subsidiary company's policy screen.
Details: http://www.capitalismlab.com/subsidiary ... y-control/
I didnt enable it because I wanted it to go only on retail, how then I calculate the amount of money that would be right in order to create a company and not waste my time?, I've give a lot of money and they didnt care anyways.
David

Post by David »

Your game has a very high inflation rate, so that real value of the money is a lot less than they appear. You will probably have to give your subsidiary even more money.

Yacal
Level 2 user

Post by Yacal »

David wrote:Your game has a very high inflation rate, so that real value of the money is a lot less than they appear. You will probably have to give your subsidiary even more money.

Thank you very much!
David

Post by David »

We have just released patch v4.4.30 which fixes the bugs you reported and improves the subsidiary AI. You may download the patch from: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=4129

When the CEO of your subsidiary company is not setting up any new firms and you wonder why the CEO is not expanding the business. Now the game will show a message about this and inform the player how much cash the subsidiary company will need to start expanding. This can be viewed on the Corporate Detail Report's firm overview section.