(MOD) REALWORLD 11.5 (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) by Piermario

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: (MOD) REALWORLD 11.25 (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) and 11.23 for all DLC (by Piermario)

Post by saffgee »

This could be due to the 20k cargo cap. What this means is that regardless of factory size, you can only produce a certain amount of "cargo units" (which are capped I believe at $20k). This is a known problem with CPU for example that have a high value but also a high scalability (unlike cars for example). See here: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =13&t=4202 for more.
I might be wrong, but I think this would have more of an impact in larger factories as they would hit the cap more quickly.
Profa
Level 2 user

Re: (MOD) REALWORLD 11.25 (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) and 11.23 for all DLC (by Piermario)

Post by Profa »

saffgee wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:32 am This could be due to the 20k cargo cap. What this means is that regardless of factory size, you can only produce a certain amount of "cargo units" (which are capped I believe at $20k). This is a known problem with CPU for example that have a high value but also a high scalability (unlike cars for example). See here: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =13&t=4202 for more.
I might be wrong, but I think this would have more of an impact in larger factories as they would hit the cap more quickly.
This is not likely.I tested it with dryer machine, and max quantity was about 3.600/month.
Lerura
Level 3 user

Post by Lerura »

There are some technology bugs caused by Tech.dbf and Product_Tech.txt

Line 100 is an exact duplicate of line 86. This does that there are 2 technology polls in the R&D Center called "Internet - Video Streaming"

Line 48 and 49 ( "Computing - 2D-Graphics" and "Computing - 3D Graphics" ) have the same codes as line 23 and 24 ( "Computing - 2D-Graphics" and "Computing - 3D Graphics" ). This causes Graphics Design Software to require the technologiesfrom the R&D Center techs instead of the techs in the Software Company

When you define the code for the required technology for software and products, you are refering to the first technology with the code, and any following techs using the same code is never used.

The solution is simple:

in Tech.DBF:
Delete Line 100
Change the codes in line 23 and 24 to 2D_GFXC and 3D_GFXC

in Product_Tech.txt:
Change all occurances of 2D_GFX and 3D_GFX to 2D_GFXC and 3D_GFXC respectively.
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

Thanks for suggestion i will fix in next release
Njeroe
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Re: (MOD) REALWORLD 11.26 (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) and 11.23 for all DLC (by Piermario)

Post by Njeroe »

My game crashes using this mod on 5.1.05 without Digital Age DLC using RealWorld V11.23.

Gives a pop-up saying MethodRes::operator[] any idea how to fix?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: (MOD) REALWORLD 11.26 (it requires Digital Age DLC to run) and 11.23 for all DLC (by Piermario)

Post by David »

Njeroe wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:25 pm My game crashes using this mod on 5.1.05 without Digital Age DLC using RealWorld V11.23.

Gives a pop-up saying MethodRes::operator[] any idea how to fix?
I've just tested it using on 5.1.05 without Digital Age DLC using RealWorld V11.23 and it ran without any problems.

Did you get the crash during the new game initialization process or after the game has started. If it is the latter, please send me your save game file and I will look into it.
Octavian1

Post by Octavian1 »

Looking forward to using this MOD. Can you send this MOD file in some sort of zip file? For some reason I cannot retrieve the mod with your attached link. Great job on the MOD too!

piermario wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:32 am Ciao!
Ladies and gentleman i want introduce new RealWorld Mod 10 - The Revolution!
New buildings: tools shop, new food services: pizzeria and fast food.
New extreme script for harder difficult: you start in year 2000 with 10 years advantage Ai within you can do nothing, your capital is very low, the world has 50 millions people and there's 50 AI Corporations for large competition.
Almost 600 products with hundreads customized variants!
All products data are updated.
Added new real companies and few logos.
This is a new game!!!!!
I need some help to further image customization, you can post here and i will add.

Thanks all
Piermario

Versions history:
10.2: last minute bonus Bookshops selling books, magazines and comics
10.22: added new Bakery Shop selling bread, croissants, etc...
10.23: added new Building & Material Store
10.24: balanced gasoline and books products, added other customized products images, new script with total dominance goal and inflation strenght reduced, increased +1 numbers of raw materials site. Now all products at start have heavy brand and very good quality by locals. The competition in game become very hard.
10.25: add bakery products in bakery shop, fix price for bulbs, fix data for plastic, dyestuff, nylon and polyester. Added further customized products images.
10.26: i deleted dyestuff to manufactoring plastic, added further customized pics (you have to delete all Realworld folder in mod folder and replace with this one to avoid images problem), fixed sport shop image. P.S.: I tested the game for 20 years without any errors.
10.27: added year 1900 script to start when not all products invented. Add new computer product: wi-fi router and to develop soy business i added soy milk. Added further customized pics.
10.28: added flowers industry and new building flower shop, added new building material product: lumber, added further customized products images, balanced some products data.
10.29: added new shop: "bar" with new two products, add some seaport resource in 2000 script, add new warehouse pictures, added further customized products image. The mod works fine only with 2000 year script included. With this release i share also full folder to stimulate community to modify it and make new mods based on mine. I hope also someone share his work.
10.30: reduced Ai company number to allow subsidiary, added few new products, added biofuel to stimulate farming, link some techs, further customized products images, modified year 2000 script, changed some product's name and data, added missing tech image.
10.31: Fixed some issues reported on forum, balance some products in loss (thanks to Megapolis), added further customized products images, compatible with last v3.0.22B patch; i updated the full folder link.
10.35: Fully compatible with Subsidiary DLC an multyfloor stores for new game experience. Few new products, lot of customized images, balance some products (expecially in freight, price and demand), updated the script.
10.4: Added few new products, increase fruits and veg necessity index, typo correction, added dozens of new customized images, small fixes.
10.41: Added almost hundred new customized products images, balanced some products and change some records in manufacturing table.
10.5: New sector: electric energy, added new products and fruits, balanced some products, added further new customized images. The amount of products + customization is 798!
10.51: correct wrong version number, new bonus product shaving foam, add screenshots in this post
11: New sector: insurances. Fully compatible with City Economic DLC and Subsidiary DLC. Added new customized images and products. Typo corrections. Products balanced, added technologies to some products, etc....
11.01:Drug products balanced, decrease some products demand, added new techs, added missing general store, bug fix.
11.03: Fix for post release beta version, added couple of new products, balanced some products.
11.04: test with new sector: telecom contracts, new products and semi products, new script with 15 big cities and potential market about 75 millions people, low starting personal money, new customized images, change some input products, minor fix and balances
11.05:added new products, balanced gasoline and other items, change some input products.
11.20: New sectors: Public Utilities (Gas, Water, Electricity) and Nautical. Added new companies with their own logo, new persons, new products (Tractors, Swimming Pool, etc...). Most of company have their speciality product example BMW produce car and luxury car. Added newspapers, 5 kind of magazines and other customized images. New raw material: Natural Gas. Added real names to internet companies. You can download full source and change what you want!
11.21: New persons, more company details, new companies, start to customizing software products, fix and balancies.
Help will be appreciate to find new products, image customization and fill all company details.
11.22: fully compatible with all 3 DLC, new political's parties, new customized software products, couple of new products, more than 5.000 talents, further companies details, fix and balancies, added new real name of internet companies, new persons, new script give the AI a qualitative benefit of 15 years for extreme gameplay etc...
11.23: added mega factory but i need better pics, new rw logo thanks to David, new imput for some products, fix and balancies.
11.24: New sector! SERVICE, i added 3 new service business using software (Accounting Consultant and Architect) and using products we had already (Beautician), i will add more business in next release; added new products, farm crops and livestock products, added Hyaluronics Acid to stimulate Sulf Production and we can use in beautician shop, fix and balancies.
11.25: added dozen! of new services business, new software product, fix and balancies.
11.26: fixed some tech, added further companies details, balancies.
Thanks all for feedbacks!

MOD:
- 11.20 (full source) compatible with Digital DLC Beta http://www.listaviaggi.com/RWFULL11.2
- 11.23 http://www.listaviaggi.com/rw11.23.rar (it does not require Digital Age DLC to run)
- 11.26 http://www.listaviaggi.com/RW11.26.rar (it requires Digital Age DLC to run)

P.S.: because of the large number of products and the broad market, to make the game harder, you should use the attached script to give the AI a qualitative benefit of 15 years, increasing if you want an extreme game.
chance

Post by chance »

I have actually been trying to get this mod to come up for awhile now. I was using some other mod, which was pretty cool, but this mod looks like the king of all mods. but it seems even though it's in mod folder like the other mod, it wont open or even appear in the game. not sure how to fix this problem, i have tried all 3 files to download as well, all three with the same results. If anyone can provide some help, I thank you in advance.
ezzeqiel
Level 2 user

Post by ezzeqiel »

Thanks for this mod. I'ts completely awesome.

I returned to play the game and actually bought Digital Age DLC just because of this mod :D
Abefar

Post by Abefar »

Would also like to say thank you for this mod its great :D

Couple of questions:

- How do i find the user defined scripts like 15 cities and 50 competitors? They dont show up when i press load script when i create a new game. Do I need dlc for this?
- With so many products what is the optimal number of products to disable for a good competitive game?