What Mods work?

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
DarthVader

What Mods work?

Post by DarthVader »

So I've been looking at mods and it seems from reading the posts in this forum there are issues/bugs with the mods advertised on the game's website. Some are severe. Have those problems been ironed out? In addition it also appears the mods advertised on the game website are all from 3+ years ago.

Is there a mod advertised on the game page that works 100% with the most up to date version of Cap Lab?

This is a great game I bought one copy for me and one for my dad. I understand those who make mods have put a lot of work and creativity into their mods. I don't mean to be insensitive but it's not fun to download a mod, for any game, and spend hours on it only to get to a point later on where it's broken.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: What Mods work?

Post by David »

What issues or bugs did you encounter with the mods?
saffgee
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: What Mods work?

Post by saffgee »

I'm not aware of any of the main mods not working, and in any event we are usually all here to fix something if problems arise. I'll speak for my own but I'm sure the others are the same - if you have issues starting a mod, this is usually due to version problems and doesn't so much require the mod to be updated, but the CapLab version you are running. The scenario you describe of playing many (in-game) years only to encounter a game breaking bug is not one I've ever seen tbh, and certainly not something I'd associate specifically with mods.
When the game has a new version release, then its possible some things may be a bit wonky until David and the team fix it, but their turnarounds are fast and typically this affects both modded and unmodded versions equally.