[MOD] AI CHARACTERS MOD 1.2- rebalancing of AI characters' behavior

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
3dmodel
Level 2 user

[MOD] AI CHARACTERS MOD 1.2- rebalancing of AI characters' behavior

Post by 3dmodel »

Hello,
guys!
I use Google translate.

At this stage, this is the processing of AI in the direction of increasing competition, as well as increasing expansion in the market.
Changed the characteristics of all characters and revised company focuses. Starter bonuses have been added to some (not all) companies.

If you want, you can test and give feedback. Has AI behavior really changed, and if so, in which direction? I don't have a game to test. Also, the mod will integrate several of its own building models, which will be available for use in other mods, or for the vanilla version of the game. Experiments are underway with styles, colors, etc.

Some edits:
1. Increased stock of mineral deposits
2. Slightly increased mining speed (more at the sawmill)
3. The distribution of companies at the start has been changed: most of them start with a focus (Stock - focused on stock investment), and after a while they will change focus to (All - Diversified). This can help AI companies buy shares at the start of the game at starting prices. Companies focused on Real Estate and Media are set to 0 due to the fact that they are usually not managed in the most efficient way. According to the concept, apartments and offices will be distributed among different companies and can be built in more suitable locations with high traffic.
4. Introduced experimental components of the script that disable the generation of apartments and offices at the start of the game (if you have any problems with these settings, please report it).
5. The effect of personnel training has been greatly reduced. This increases the importance of starting skills between characters.
6. Most of the settings have a high difficulty level. The script added settings for all DLCs.
7. Other minor changes.

File AI MOD script.txt to place in the script folder. Place the rest of the files in the mod folder. Please report any errors.

A mod without a script can work somehow, but the script reinforces important settings. You can try what comes out of it.
The script itself, without the mod, will most likely lead to incorrect AI behavior, as well as upset the overall balance.

UPDATE 1.2
Added several new products

The number of products produced by a factory in one cycle has been increased to reduce the number of factories on the map. Start with small factories.

Added offices and apartment buildings of 1 * 1 or larger size for a denser filling of the map space.
Added several specialty shops, a farm and a factory.

Recipes are overhauled and mainly consist of three ingredients
The mining process has been revised. For example: a deposit of precious metals has three sizes - small, medium and large (designation S, M, L).
Screenshot_13.png
Screenshot_13.png (618.46 KiB) Viewed 1527 times
With different mining speed, the big one has the faster production. But since the game sees them as different deposits, intermediate recipes have been added to bring them to one common intermediate product from which it is then possible to obtain several other metals (gold, silver, platinum and aluminum).
The screenshot shows an example, pay attention to the number next to the technology purchase icon, it shows how many ways there are to obtain this product. By switching with the arrows, you select the desired recipe.
Screenshot_9.png
Screenshot_9.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1527 times
The script contains most of the game settings, available both through the game menu and added experimental ones. You can customize them for yourself at any time (their description is available on the official website of the game).

If you don't change anything in the script, then start the game with 20M. This is enough for the construction of either a store or several small factories. The second is preferable, since AI has an advantage in the quality of the manufactured products, but it needs semi-finished products (water, minerals,timber, precious metals etc). Even taking into account the fact that these products are available in the ports. In other words, if you open a store and a factory and start producing and selling your goods at the start of the game for a while, you will be able to make a profit until competitors with a higher technology level appear. Customers choose products based on price, quality, brand approximately 20-40-40. That is, priority is given to quality and brand. In the second option, the advantage is on the side of the player, some minerals are in high demand and are not affected by the level of technology, at the same time you are helping AI companies to expand.
AI corporations have received a broader class orientation, for example, one corporation can produce products for several classes of beverage, food and snacks at once. Or everything related to electronics - watches, phones, TVs, cameras, refrigerators, computers, etc. Or to produce cars and gum, that is, in completely different areas. This is done for some variety. Not the fact that one company will produce all products in several classes at the same time, but in some the competition may look like this:
Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_6.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1527 times
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_7.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 1527 times
Screenshot_8.png
Screenshot_8.png (1.18 MiB) Viewed 1527 times
Screenshot_10.png
Screenshot_10.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1527 times

V1.2
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3vi9c8tf ... 2.zip/file

With installer
https://www.mediafire.com/file/sy931t70 ... D.exe/file
Last edited by 3dmodel on Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: [MOD] AI CHARACTERS 1.0- rebalancing of AI characters' behavior

Post by paulwoman »

Thanks for the project.

Unfortunaly, I have this window when I load your mod :(
2021-05-22 11_53_00-Window.png
2021-05-22 11_53_00-Window.png (7.12 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
If you want, you can use this program https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... =22&t=7590to make a .exe of your mod.

I will do one when your Mod will be ready.
Last edited by paulwoman on Sat May 22, 2021 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
3dmodel
Level 2 user

Post by 3dmodel »

Thanks for your feedback! I have updated the link, the error should be fixed. Please advise if something is wrong.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

Another name.
2021-05-22 13_44_10-Window.png
2021-05-22 13_44_10-Window.png (12.89 KiB) Viewed 1806 times
There is the .exe with your files. You'll need put your files inside the folder "files".

I update it with your last version ; it's easier to install it ^^

https://data.netfinity.fr/d/a65b56fbbde449c78f03/
David wrote: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:34 am Modding instructions
You may download Capitalism Lab MOD files from http://www.moddb.com/games/capitalism-lab/downloads

Read the instructions about modding at http://www.capitalismlab.com/mod/
David, can you check it why the name have a problem ? Thanks :)

3dmodel, can you give the files of "Companies.DBF – Company names" ? It's easier for David to check it.
3dmodel
Level 2 user

Post by 3dmodel »

Now I will check all the companies again and post it. When I wrote focus for companies, I copied each one from the table separately and pasted it into the template, it turns out that some letters are either undercopyed or pasted in the wrong place.
3dmodel
Level 2 user

Post by 3dmodel »

Link updated.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

3dmodel wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:41 pmLink updated.
It's load fine :)

There is a link with the .ext of your mod :)

https://data.netfinity.fr/f/6359b1eab2dd4b96b6a4/?dl=1
3dmodel
Level 2 user

Post by 3dmodel »

paulwoman wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 2:19 pm
3dmodel wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:41 pmLink updated.
It's load fine :)

There is a link with the .ext of your mod :)

https://data.netfinity.fr/f/6359b1eab2dd4b96b6a4/?dl=1
Thanks for the help!
Could you do a test run for 10-30 game years at high speed and describe a little what is happening. How does AI behave? Is there a noticeable difference? How does the function work with disconnected apartments and offices?
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

3dmodel wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:27 pm Could you do a test run for 10-30 game years at high speed and describe a little what is happening. How does AI behave? Is there a noticeable difference? How does the function work with disconnected apartments and offices?
What should I look out for? What kind of businesses are created? Are my subsidiaries performing better thanks to the mod?

Is all I'm doing is "letting time pass"?

I could do two "normal" games and two "mod" games and see what differences are noticeable or not.
3dmodel
Level 2 user

Post by 3dmodel »

paulwoman wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 9:03 pm
3dmodel wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:27 pm Could you do a test run for 10-30 game years at high speed and describe a little what is happening. How does AI behave? Is there a noticeable difference? How does the function work with disconnected apartments and offices?
What should I look out for? What kind of businesses are created? Are my subsidiaries performing better thanks to the mod?

Is all I'm doing is "letting time pass"?

I could do two "normal" games and two "mod" games and see what differences are noticeable or not.
Yes, it can be a high speed of the game without your participation (AI competes with each other).
You can do two runs of a normal game (one with a script, one without). But I have an idea that the script will break the overall balance.
Please note that in the script the AI ​​competition level and trend is set to high for all DLCs. When testing a clean game, increase the difficulty in the settings.
Also with a mod (one with a script, one without it).
I'm interested in:

1. The stock price of companies in the long run. Is there a noticeable difference between the main game and the mod + script game. You can compare both a general list of companies and take a particular industry. For example, it might look like this: a car company, the stock price in five years is $ 50, in thirty years it is $ 7,000. It may be easier if you post several screenshots, one where all the companies are listed (local stock market) and one for a specific company, which indicates the information of the company of the building it owns, a photo of the CEO, and so on.

2. Did these companies appear with these people in the mod + script game (they received certain starting bonuses). If so, are they leading in their fields in 30 years and do they have competitors?

Company = Super Force
CEO = Abril Fowler
Focus = Internet

Company = Quest International
CEO = Hannes Dingwell
Focus = Software

Company = Eyewatch
CEO = Bruce Hess
Focus = All

Company = Meilleur
CEO = Michael Plesser
Focus = All

3. What the competition looks like
Banks
Insurance
Software
In mod + script, banks and insurance can start with two companies. Is this number increasing over time? Is it different from the amount in the base game?

4. Staff training has been greatly reduced in the script. Could you build some buildings and watch. In my understanding of the game, a store or a factory needs at least a few years to reach level 9 (if the demand is higher or equal to the supply). Perhaps this setting will strongly negatively affect research centers.

5. How real estate and offices were distributed. The script should disable the starting generation of buildings. Are there owners with a large number of buildings or do many companies have several?

I cannot say yet about the subsidiaries. There, you set the precise settings for the AI ​​behavior of what can and cannot be done. But you can try and describe if there is any difference.