Can ENLIGHT make a MAC, IPHONE, iPAD VERSION of CAPITALISM 2

Discussions about educational uses of Capitalism II
jnpangilinan

Can ENLIGHT make a MAC, IPHONE, iPAD VERSION of CAPITALISM 2

Post by jnpangilinan »

I am a teacher of Strategic Management and International Business. Our department has formally included your game in our Syllabus. I have been on my wits end trying to adjust to this requirement BECAUSE I USE A MAC OS and not WINDOWS.

It should make perfect business sense to produce a Capitalism 2 App to join the 1,000,000 or so Apps made available FOR SALE at the AppStore for or MAC/ iPad/ iPhone. Same is true for an ANDROID version.

I am hoping you will consider making a MAC version. Otherwise, I will need to purchase a Windows based laptop, just to play your game, resentfully.

Thanks.

Joseph Pangilinan
De La Salle University
Manila
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Can ENLIGHT make a MAC, IPHONE, iPAD VERSION of CAPITALI

Post by David »

We may port Capitalism 2 to Mac in the future (but Capitalism Lab will stay as PC exclusive).

By the way, we may introduce a student price with 20% discount off the $9.99 price of Capitalism 2 ($7.99) if there are sufficient demand for it. Could you let me know the number of students in your university who need to buy Capitalism 2 every year?
Farwest

Post by Farwest »

David, I think you should consider porting Capitalism 2/Lab to iphone, ipad because users (there are millions of users, who always seek game to download, here it just depends on your advertising budget) really will have to purchase your game to be able to play, however if you just do the game for PC, there will be always users who play with piracy ways and so on.

I have an iPad and just for playing Capitalism Lab and for a few reason I open my computer. All the time, I use my iPad for internet and for other good strategy games in my free time.

I know a basic, simple game which has at least 70 million users with 2.99$ on AppStore in iPad. I think that is meaningful as a potential market. Still I am looking a game like Capitalism in AppStore and trying some alternatives.

On the other hand, I want CapLab to be improved here for PC as well, and I don't want discouraging you to develop for PC for that reason.
carpii
Level 3 user

Post by carpii »

Cap 2 has already been ported to Mac, by Virtual Progamming.

You can buy it from deliver2mac.com

I don't know exactly how they've ported it or what their relationship is with Enlight.
Maybe its just a virtual machine wrapper of sorts, but however it works, it works very well

I'd really love to b able to play Cap on my iPad, but personally I think its unrealistic.
It would be difficult for Cap to get any sort of exposure in App Store, and if it did, it would probably have to be littered with in-app purchases to justify the development costs (iOS/Objective-C development is quite a bit different to just porting a C app from one platform to another).

You cannot pull out numbers like 70M users at $2.99 and just say Cap will generate the same revenue. From the millions of apps on App Store, very very few will ever make those sort of sales