Suggestion - Prepurchase option

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
gamebak
Level 2 user

Suggestion - Prepurchase option

Post by gamebak »

Hello,

I really can't wait for the next DLC to come out and I'm thinking that there are others like me that really love this game.
I don't care if the game won't be balanced or a little buggy, I would love to be able to pre-purchase the DLC because it seems pretty fun with the mentioned features.

Any possibility for this to happen?
brianwiz
Level 3 user

Re: Suggestion - Prepurchase option

Post by brianwiz »

I would normally agree with this but lol

As a beta tester for Subsid one and a bit in the city one purchasing it now would take away from the experience when it is done.

Plus the amount of crashes and disruptions sometimes will take away from your game experience and end up frustrating you. When you purchase something people have the opinion of a complete product.

Not saying you do. Others would and would be a negative impact on the game IMO.
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Post by jbvisual »

brianwiz wrote:I would normally agree with this but lol

As a beta tester for Subsid one and a bit in the city one purchasing it now would take away from the experience when it is done.

Plus the amount of crashes and disruptions sometimes will take away from your game experience and end up frustrating you. When you purchase something people have the opinion of a complete product.

Not saying you do. Others would and would be a negative impact on the game IMO.
Amen to this!
I played a lot of games in "steam early access", and the amount of negative reviews was huge because of the bugs.. hello you are playing a game in "beta status".
Most of the games want a complete game, and don't want to put effort in searching for bugs.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Update: We have sent out a new round of beta-test invitations recently.

We plan to send out one more round of beta-test invitations in the coming month before officially releasing the Digital Age DLC in Q4 2017. For more details, please see: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =42&t=4087

As the stability and balance of the game continues to improve, we are now offering a pre-purchase option for the Digital Age DLC prior to its release. The idea of the pre-purchase option is that people who have pre-purchased the DLC will be provided with early access to the DLC prior to its official release.

The pre-order details can be viewed at: http://www.capitalismlab.com/digital-age-dlc/
kg79
Level 3 user

Post by kg79 »

I have pre ordered the DLC and took a longer session last night. And I must say that i didn't come across neither major bugs nor any crashes. Well done! the only thing that bothers me somehow is the feeling that it is too easy to make money. It's just a feeling. I started with 10 million capital in 1990 and I had 4 computer shops and were selling first just a rebranded computer from one of my competitors, a rebranded printer and mobile phone from oversee producer, and several software of my competitors. Each shop had three floors. Then I came along with my own word processor at a poor quality of about 17. This alone made around 17 million profit. Perhaps the point why it was so easy to make so much money was that I used the option to have three floors. But very nice that now you see ALL products from all floors when you hover the mouse about the firm. But perhaps The second floor should cost significantly more in building and maintance, and the third one should increase the costs just even more. At least this would be a nice option to the settings or to modify the script.

Just some suggestions:
For the final release of the DLC it would be great if several technologies are not available until a particular year. You should not be able to research web 2.0 stuff in 1990, and the ai shouldn't also be able to do this. Then we would get a nice progression through the years. I hope that the techs are all unlocked now just for testing reasons.

If I made a software (word processor) I wanted not to make a new version as the next step but a completely new word processor. i treated the first one as a simple one and wanted to make a sperate pro line. But If I tried to do it, I was always switched to do a version 2, which was not my intention. So is it a bug or are we forced just to have one product line of one software type?

Another thing was that the game numbers the versions stricktly from 1 to X. But as you know many companys use the format 1.0, 2.0 and so on for larger updates, and 1.1, 1.2 for smaller updates. As we are in digital age, it would be cool if this could also work like that, and perhaps the possibility to make just smaller updates (of course with less profit then) would be nice. And for the player company I would like to name my versions on my own, for example to use years instead of version numbers, or even names. Just think of MS Windows and you get the point.
David

Post by David »

If I made a software (word processor) I wanted not to make a new version as the next step but a completely new word processor. i treated the first one as a simple one and wanted to make a sperate pro line. But If I tried to do it, I was always switched to do a version 2, which was not my intention. So is it a bug or are we forced just to have one product line of one software type?
You may try this: clicking the [Auto] button to disable it.

See this image for the location of the [Auto] button:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/wp/wp-cont ... any-14.jpg

---------
I started with 10 million capital in 1990 and I had 4 computer shops and were selling first just a rebranded computer from one of my competitors, a rebranded printer and mobile phone from oversee producer, and several software of my competitors. Each shop had three floors. Then I came along with my own word processor at a poor quality of about 17. This alone made around 17 million profit. Perhaps the point why it was so easy to make so much money was that I used the option to have three floors. But very nice that now you see ALL products from all floors when you hover the mouse about the firm. But perhaps The second floor should cost significantly more in building and maintance, and the third one should increase the costs just even more. At least this would be a nice option to the settings or to modify the script.
You may set the option "Competence of Local Competitors" on the new game setting menu to High or Very High and it will be more difficult to make money.
kg79
Level 3 user

Post by kg79 »

David wrote:You may try this: clicking the [Auto] button to disable it.

See this image for the location of the [Auto] button:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/wp/wp-cont ... any-14.jpg
I though the auto button means that new versions will be created automaticly when the tech levels raised high enough. This would be not my intention, as I wanted to make another "new" word processor product line. My idea was to have a cheap simple line and an expensive pro line with different names, without creating a subsidiary and doing this with a new brand.
David wrote:You may set the option "Competence of Local Competitors" on the new game setting menu to High or Very High and it will be more difficult to make money.
Yes, this could be a point. When I remember correctly the locals were at medium and the AI at moderate. i will change this and see. But I also remember that the competitors had plenty of software, but no word processor on the market. And I think there was no local competition on word processors at gis point, so I was the only one and people bought the crap for over 150$ ;-)
David

Post by David »

I though the auto button means that new versions will be created automaticly when the tech levels raised high enough. This would be not my intention, as I wanted to make another "new" word processor product line. My idea was to have a cheap simple line and an expensive pro line with different names, without creating a subsidiary and doing this with a new brand.
You may try turning the [Auto] mode off and see if you could do what you intend to do.
kg79
Level 3 user

Post by kg79 »

kg79 wrote:You may try turning the [Auto] mode off and see if you could do what you intend to do.
No, unfortunetly it doesn't work like that. It seems that you can just develop one software product per category and update this, but not create a new one from the scratch. If I disable auto and press the create new software button either I get the window wich informs me about that my technology is not high enough for a update or if this is the case update development starts. If I have already some software on the market I can pick an OS to delevop for and the type of software, but if I chose then a category I already had software developed it starts either updating it or informs me that is it too early because of the technology level.

Then I came also across an issue with price agreements if I had a subsidiary released the same software kind of software as the mother company. Somehow it was counted like it was the same and had to be priced like the other product. This was a kind of strange and it's difficult to describe. I must see if I again come across this.

Just some suggestions:
- Give us the possibility to rename new releases, no matter if it is an update or version 1. Same for version-numbers "1.0 / 2.0 / 3 / 4 / 2017")
- Making a new product should take much longer than just an update, but with the advantage to get the chance for better quality
- If the technology level is not significantly higher give us the possibility of releasing small updates ("1.1 / 1.2 ...") to attract mainly new customers, but people already having the software will not spend money on it. Development could take just 3 months.
- Major updates could be at 6 months dev time like it is now and attract also customers of the old version, depending on the difference in tech level.
- e-commerce businesses should also be able to sell competitiors products, and we should be able to sell our products through the e-commerce systems of our competition, of course at costs.

About naming:
- Like there is now a possibility to name our software, I would appreciate such a system for all products in the game. I think the code used for this in the DLC could be also applied in a modifed version for the whole game. This would give us a better way to place our products in the market with the use of price diversification compared to the possibilities of the product customization introdused with the earlier DLC.