Digital Age DLC - Suggestions

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: Digital Age DLC - Suggestions

Post by eleaza »

therealevan wrote:
eleaza wrote:So you are essentially saying it's like a "advertising unit", but instead of increasing brand, it affects the linked unit efficiency?

But how about services that required other services to function? how do we link that? And usually these internet services are using a constant subscription type payment. Which isn't very compatible with the "unit of product" goods in current game mechanism.

It will even be more awkward, if an Internet company doesn't get paid directly by their services, but from other revenue source completely. Like Google, their service is entire for the public for free, but paid by advertisement firms so to speak.
Sort of, but all it's really trying to replicate is the ability for a firm to outsource it's required IT overhead (Basically IaaS). Advertising will still exist obviously, but the data center usage will simply increase various metrics to the firm.
I get the idea, and sounds reasonable. probably dropping overhead cost, along with increased efficiency might be the net effect if they are some kind of ERP services. But since all the fixed cost of a firm is abstract in current game, it would be like making these costs "visible". For instance instead of mail rooms full of staff to sort through mails before the internet, we upgrade to e-mail services and all the firms in the company with access to it can eliminate their fixed cost related to the old mail room.

The only problem here is that since services of services are many, if we added too many Digital age unit inside a firm, we will run out of 3x3 squares very quickly. Perhaps we need some sort of building that acted like department center for Internet services, and integrate all the possible services there before hand, and all the other regular firms just linked one of their unit to IT department buildings to get the benefit?
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
asaph

Post by asaph »

I must say that the work of the studio on Capitalism Lab is truly inspirational, to make such wonderful ideas and then build them so very well as we have seen in versions so far and in the information we have on your plans. Shkoyech indeed - I am happy for every penny I spend on the game. I hope to see your studio grow and bring even more joy into the world.

Can you tell us a bit about how the process of creating the DLC is progressing, towards the closed beta? Just so we know when to look forward to :)

And another question, I do recall playing SOME version of CL with an advanced tech tree, where I had to develop all kinds of techs to get smartphones, etc. Is that work still present in one of the obtainable DLCs? It was way cool.

Thanks
Asaph
Lord_Gekko

Post by Lord_Gekko »

Fantastic !
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Can you tell us a bit about how the process of creating the DLC is progressing, towards the closed beta? Just so we know when to look forward to :)
I will post updates about new features of the Digital Age DLC on a regular basis. The upcoming update is the details about how to set up the units on the 3x3 layout in a software dev firm.
And another question, I do recall playing SOME version of CL with an advanced tech tree, where I had to develop all kinds of techs to get smartphones, etc. Is that work still present in one of the obtainable DLCs? It was way cool.
Yes, it will be in the Digital Age DLC.
asaph

Post by asaph »

Thank for your reply! But is it possible to play the Digital Age DLC already? because i distinctively remember playing those features :)
UsF
Level 2 user

Post by UsF »

I have a suggestion. One thing that seems to be growing in the digital age is companies selling products directly without retailers. It would be nice to be able to set up your own distribution platform from factory to customer, without having to build a retail store. This could be done by either making your own shipping company and using it, using a competitor set up one or using a globally available network like the postal system. From food or electronics to cars, many things are shipped directly without having to go to a physical retailer.

Edit: Ah well I just found a thread where it has already been suggested and answered:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =42&t=3746
coocoodas

Post by coocoodas »

Could you include an editor or scenario editor feature in the DLC?

For me customization and moddability are must for sandbox games like Capitalism lab.

I would like edit or set my starting funds, personal funds, and starting stock share to a specific amount not available in options. (For now I want to go lower than 'very low', making my personal wealth 0, lower stock share and corporate funds, and add loans that I need to pay back on personal and corporate level)
coocoodas

Post by coocoodas »

Please add a cheat code, too.

I really want to reduce the money, stock, and funds I start with! What kind of MBA graduate starts with 6m capital(stock+cash) and 160m worth business funds? (with very low option) It bothers me so much...

Also could you add an option to start WITHOUT headquarter when inflation option is turned on?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

http://www.capitalismlab.com/script---environment.html
If you prefer to customize the exact amount of start-up capital for your company, you may use the following line instead:
Your Start-up Capital Amount=<1 to 10000> ($1 to $10000 million)

Available in v4.4.05: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=4046
royalt
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by royalt »

Not a suggestion, rather a question: will it be possible to enable CES DLC together with Digital Age DLC in the future?