Errors and Problems i Encountered

Digital Age DLC for Capitalism Lab
Gamechangernation
Level 3 user

Errors and Problems i Encountered

Post by Gamechangernation »

First I get two errors when I try and load a game. Sometimes they come up and some times they don't. Confusing to me also:

Error on File:F_Media.CPP
Line:236
And
Error on File: Stock.Cpp
Line:266

Also Whenever I happen to get past these errors after a few attempts to load, it seems that in the Build section when trying to build any building the monthly cost digits Just turn without displaying a number.
And I also noticed that in the beginning of the game all the cities are going bankrupt. Y is that?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Errors and Problems i Encountered

Post by David »

Please download patch v5.1.01 which fixes these bugs: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=4768
Gamechangernation
Level 3 user

David wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:39 am Please download patch v5.1.01 which fixes these bugs: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=4768
thanx, that fixed those errors......

Now I'm getting an error in beginning of game:

BondArray[] is deleted
David

Post by David »

We have updated v5.1.01 with a fix for this bug. Please redownload the updated patch v5.1.01 from: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=4768
Gamechangernation
Level 3 user

David wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:13 am We have updated v5.1.01 with a fix for this bug. Please redownload the updated patch v5.1.01 from: http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =10&t=4768

Thanx that fixed the error.

When starting a new Subsidiary It wont let me Hire anyone with any type Digital Expertise. Weather it be Search Engine Expertise or Video Sharing expertise and Etc. although they r unemployed, neutral towards me and independent investors.
And most if not all the persons with any type Digital expertise r the First ones in the list of persons. I hope I explained
this correct.

thanx in advance for any help.
David

Post by David »

When starting a new Subsidiary It wont let me Hire anyone with any type Digital Expertise. Weather it be Search Engine Expertise or Video Sharing expertise and Etc. although they r unemployed, neutral towards me and independent investors.
And most if not all the persons with any type Digital expertise r the First ones in the list of persons. I hope I explained
this correct.
This is intentional for better gameplay balance. Without this rule, the player will be able to hire persons who originally intend to found software/Internet startups on their own to work for the player's company, resulting in less competition.
Gamechangernation
Level 3 user

David wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:37 am
this correct.
This is intentional for better gameplay balance. Without this rule, the player will be able to hire persons who originally intend to found software/Internet startups on their own to work for the player's company, resulting in less competition.

My Question is, Say I want to start a Subsidiary for Strictly Real estate or, Investing or, Media or even Software/Internet. How do I pick a Person to be CEO of one or more of these Subs whose expertise is say Footwear or any other product without doing anything outside of what said Sub is founded for? For example not starting R&D, Manufacturing or retail in their expertise. I do go under the Management Policies Tab and it wont let me disable their expertise in the scope of production tab as it says they r keen on producing it. Which leads me to believe that at some point and time they will probably start to R&D, Manufacturing or retail in their expertise even if I only want them to do what said Sub was founded for. I guess my point is, Is there a guarantee in the game this wont happen if I set it up under the management polices?

But what I have also noticed is that there are a couple persons whose expertise are zero. They r usually the first two or three persons in the list. But trying to hire one or more as CEO of multiple Subs cant happen in the game. It will sometimes let hire
one and other times none. Was wondering If 3 or more of these type persons could appear in the persons list and could be hired for instance in Subs such as ones Not just founded for production of products but include ones like I mentioned in above paragraph(Real estate, Investing, Media or even Software/Internet). I believe in other Versions this was allowed.
Gamechangernation
Level 3 user

Every time I try to manufacture any type of software I get this error:

Error on File: item.cpp
line: 91

For example. I purchase Dvd and Paper and it wont manufacture any software. So I put another purchasing unit with say tobacco and it will manufacture cigarettes. But it will also give me the option to set production to tobacco products and software products.
As soon as I go along with that and select a software product to manufacture and remove the tobacco it works up until I connect a sales unit and then I get the error.
David

Post by David »

This bug will be fixed in the patch v5.1.06.