losing money in Retail from manfacturing

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
moneytheory
Level 4 user

losing money in Retail from manfacturing

Post by moneytheory »

I setup manufacturing of Computers, home appliances, and electronic devices. I also setup retail to sell the products. However i was losing money in retail of these products. When i purchased the same products from other companies i wasn't losing any money. Why am i losing money from my own products?
Abrutalism
Level 2 user

Re: losing money in Retail from manfacturing

Post by Abrutalism »

maybe the quality was not so high or you have less branding
that force you to sell at loss
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Post by moneytheory »

Abrutalism wrote:maybe the quality was not so high or you have less branding
that force you to sell at loss
I dont have any R&D setup would this be the reason?
Abrutalism
Level 2 user

Post by Abrutalism »

yeah maybe if your competitor have make some progress in R&D you can try to buy it from here or just make your own research
do you have technology disruption on? if yes you need to make a lot of R&D to keep your tech

you can watch in your corporation detail to have a eye on your all your R&D and see what is the higher tech level of the competition too

i hope that can help you
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Post by moneytheory »

Abrutalism wrote:yeah maybe if your competitor have make some progress in R&D you can try to buy it from here or just make your own research
do you have technology disruption on? if yes you need to make a lot of R&D to keep your tech

you can watch in your corporation detail to have a eye on your all your R&D and see what is the higher tech level of the competition too

i hope that can help you
Thanks for your help. The R&D helped. Though i cant get the desktop computer up pass 30 in the techs for some reason and i have all the techs and sub techs related to the computer.
Cyklonix
Level 3 user

Post by Cyklonix »

you can always lower your factories(etc..) that supply these to cost so you have more wiggle room at the retail. May have to make sure you are using the best store for the products, store location? Put it in denser areas. Check on transport costs. The more RD will improve the product, but must research all that goes to it to get it too max.
-={C¥kl0nIx}=-

If you ain't first your last!
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Post by Spac3y »

Easiest way to manage rating is to allow your retail stores the leeway for it.

Products generally start getting bought at 48 rating, so drop your price until you get to their in your shops then as the brand rating rises you can begin to nudge your prices up.

Anything you make in your factorys add a slight markup over cost so they for example make a small amount of money. By doing this it increases the rating because of the price and then you can tweak these in your retail stores