Tech R&D

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
Scorten

Tech R&D

Post by Scorten »

http://i.imgur.com/7paHwvB.jpg?1

What can I do with Tech R&D units? I can select several technologies (Software and Internet) but I have no idea how those affect my game. Can I become a service provider or do E-business?!
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Re: Tech R&D

Post by jbvisual »

Scorten wrote:http://i.imgur.com/7paHwvB.jpg?1

What can I do with Tech R&D units? I can select several technologies (Software and Internet) but I have no idea how those affect my game. Can I become a service provider or do E-business?!

some R&D effects other products ("touchscreen tech" and "3G" both defines the "smartphone")
And if you have installed the "realworld" mod, you have to keep in mind that this mod is compatible with the upcomming "digitial age" dlc. and so add some product only available for users of this dlc (only beta-testers right now)

first look into the manufactures manual what tech you need for the product you want to create, if you want to make huge profits. it is unnecessary to create R&D units for products you don't produce.
Chads

Post by Chads »

jbvisual wrote:
Scorten wrote:http://i.imgur.com/7paHwvB.jpg?1

some R&D effects other products ("touchscreen tech" and "3G" both defines the "smartphone")
And if you have installed the "realworld" mod, you have to keep in mind that this mod is compatible with the upcomming "digitial age" dlc. and so add some product only available for users of this dlc (only beta-testers right now)

first look into the manufactures manual what tech you need for the product you want to create, if you want to make huge profits. it is unnecessary to create R&D units for products you don't produce.

So, if I'm not a beta-tester for the new DLC, then I should not use these R&D projects?
jbvisual
Level 4 user

Post by jbvisual »

Chads wrote: So, if I'm not a beta-tester for the new DLC, then I should not use these R&D projects?
Look into the manufactures manual, and search the product you want to produce.

For smartphone you need "touchscreen and 3G", for laptop you need "lithium and computer os", for navigation you need "gps and touchscreen".
Some mods are compact able with the digital age dlc, and so the mod adds R&D projects that are not need right now.

And for your first question, Yes you can develop software when you have the "Digital age dlc" enabled.

I have tested if all the tech will be developed at the same time works without problems, you will need 553 R&D centers for it (and yes it works). but....
a lot of the "tech R&D" (62 of them) in the "realworld mod" don't have any purpose because i am not a beta tester of the "digital age dlc"