Poll: Proper music support?

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Would you like to see OGG or MP3 support implemented into the game?

Yes!
100%
It's a waste of time!
No votes

Total votes: 10

Joubarbe
Level 2 user

Poll: Proper music support?

Post by Joubarbe »

Hi,

Having a good music in a game for me is important, it's part of its identity. I know that you did a poll a few months ago and that, basically, everyone plays their own tune externally. However, I've just realized that there is a "music" folder, with .WAV files in it. Would it be possible to have proper support for other formats, like .OGG for instance? And just make it possible to throw any music, as many as you want, in that folder; and the game would play them randomly.

Thanks for consideration.
Last edited by Joubarbe on Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Re: Proper music support?

Post by mdemircan2 »

iyi fikir!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Proper music support?

Post by David »

Joubarbe wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:12 pm Hi,

Having a good music in a game for me is important, it's part of its identity. I know that you did a poll a few months ago and that, basically, everyone plays their own tune externally. However, I've just realized that there is a "music" folder, with .WAV files in it. Would it be possible to have proper support for other formats, like .OGG for instance? And just make it possible to throw any music, as many as you want, in that folder; and the game would play them randomly.

Thanks for consideration.
Thanks for your suggestion.

I would recommend that you create a poll for your suggestion to gauge the community's interest in it. There would be a higher chance that the dev team will implement it if the interest level is high.

You could see some examples of the polls in the Suggestions forum at viewforum.php?f=14
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Poll: Proper music support?

Post by David »

This suggestion has been implemented. It will be available in the upcoming version 6.6.00.

Here are the details:

If you want Capitalism Lab to play custom music files that you designate instead of the original game music,
please follow the below instructions:

1) Delete all the original game music files in this folder (\MUSIC).
If you want to retain some of the original game music files and mix them with your custom music files,
please make sure that this particular file "cap2-long01.aac" is changed to a different name, as the game
checks the existence of this file to determine whether the game should play custom music or not.

2) Copy the music files that you want the game to play to this folder (\MUSIC).

For a list of Media Formats supported for the music files, please see:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... foundation
(Capitalism Lab uses Microsoft Media Foundation to play the music.)

3) Run the game and it will play all the music files in this folder in a random order.