Expand of Attitudes toward you

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Expand of Attitudes toward you

Post by WilliamMGary »

I know that some see this as artificial and not adding to game play and that's fine, however, I think for a DLC like City Economic Simulation expanding Attitudes Toward you outside of the context of employment and into the game overall is a good idea and would be a big feature for City Economic Simulation which can also further tie into running for Mayor etc. I may be repeating some things from another points, I do apologize if that occurs.

One of the most recent things that struck me is I was attempting to buy something from a rival and the message said I don't want to sell this to "You" which in my head made me wonder why not to "me" when they are freely selling to other AIs. As the game stands now none of the AIs know you (Human Player) regardless if you own 80% of their company, a major employer in the city in which their business operates and/or one of their top 3 customers it doesn't matter to the AI you don't exist. The human player (aka I) I become very familiar with the AI and occasionally I come to dislike a few of them (I know weird).

For the City Economic Simulation DLC I think some new personal metrics should be introduced in addition to the expansion of Attitudes Toward you, such as name recognition (based on works in the community), population approval towards you (are you paying good wages, donating to the city, laying off workers, closing shops, importing goods instead of producing within the city etc).

Attitudes towards You
-Are you a major customer and/or shareholder of the AIs companies or those the AI (individual investors) are invested in.
-Does the AI invest in your company and interested in buying more shares or looking to sale
-Does your company compete and/or own a market that the AIs company also competes in
-Have you purchased firms in the past, do you pay full price for those firms or do you buy at a reduce price?
-Does the AI feel that as a supplier to them that you overage or charge fairly?

Population Approval of you
-Is your company expanding in the city.
-Does you company employer the majority of the population
-Do you donate to the city via grants, adopt community buildings (another post)
-Is your company importing or exporting goods.
-Does your company charge fair prices determined by overall value of goods sold in the city.
-Is your company laying off more workers than adding.

Adding a little artificial intelligence to the game in regards to relationship building and having this affect future business and political dealings, especially for the City Economic Simulation DLC would make for a much more interesting game. These are all suggestions to be discussed, I know some of us have more of an imagination than others.

Imagine if an AI dislikes for whatever reason when you go to buy a firm you get charged a different price than a person who the AI have a good attitude towards.