COO buy supplies from (own firms, other firms, parents) etc.

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
greglavalleye
Level 2 user

COO buy supplies from (own firms, other firms, parents) etc.

Post by greglavalleye »

what is the best way when the COO is in charge of the factory and the factory runs out of a material that the COO can re-link the material from another company. I am afriad if I select buy from other firms even in the retail stores the COO will buy products not made in my factories to sell in the stores, which obviously I want to sell what I make in the factories. Suggestions?
anjali
Level 4 user

Re: COO buy supplies from (own firms, other firms, parents)

Post by anjali »

unfortunately the coo will source from other firms in retail as well.
best solution would be a manual relink if you dont have too many factories. otherwise i suggest to use warehouses in your suply chain, so the factories never have to relink and you only got the 1 warehouse to relink to the new supply to keep the chain up and running. you can even link rawmaterials from different suppliers into the warehouse, just relabel it to your own brand and use a storage unit to mix n match for an even quality.
azxcvbnm321
Level 3 user

Post by azxcvbnm321 »

In the COO panel when you click on the office in the HQ, there is a button that says "Buy from own factories only", or something like that. Select that option and the COO will never order from other producers.

I think I misread your question. If it's factory inputs (materials), then you have to manually select or else the AI will buy the best value material.
anjali
Level 4 user

Post by anjali »

azxcvbnm321 wrote:In the COO panel when you click on the office in the HQ, there is a button that says "Buy from own factories only", or something like that. Select that option and the COO will never order from other producers.

I think I misread your question. If it's factory inputs (materials), then you have to manually select or else the AI will buy the best value material.
you were asking for a solution toward the issue with the coo not getting new supplies once supply runs out. and if you select "buy from own" / "buy from own or parent" it will only source supplies from corporate mines/logging camps/farms/factories/warehouses. in this case you got to manually relink a new supply for your factories which is best done via warehouses once you got a lot factories. but it will maintain the coporate products only in the retail stores

if you select in the coo panel to buy from any, the coo will source from any suppliers to keep the factory running but will also source from any suplier in the retail stores.