Seeking feedback for the new scenarios for the DLC

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Seeking feedback for the new scenarios for the DLC

Post by David »

In the latest version 4.3.00, we have released 5 new scenarios for the City Economic Simulation DLC.

To play these scenarios, firstly enable the City Economic Simulation DLC. Then go to the "Scenario" screen from the main menu and select “City Economic Simulation DLC” button at the upper part of the screen.

(The banners for these scenarios are still being worked on and will be made available when they are finished.)

In order to improve their gameplay balance, it would be helpful if you can provide us with feedback for those scenarios that you have played.

-Did you find the scenarios too easy or too hard?
-Were you able to win the scenarios?
-Is the scenario fun to play?
-Do you have any improvement suggestions for the scenarios?
Attachments
Metropolitan Transformation.jpg
Metropolitan Transformation.jpg (209.62 KiB) Viewed 1636 times
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: Seeking feedback for the new scenarios for the DLC

Post by eleaza »

I've only tried a bit of the "Towards a Better Quality of Life" scenario. And generally not that different from my standard "taking over" all cities with my part mayors playthrough, and not that difficult (for me at least, since I've been playing CES DLC a lot).

Although, I would guess the main population goal will be more difficult for other players if they don't familiar with how to grow population efficiently. And the subgoal of 600m revenue, 60m profit is probably too easy, really not much of a challenge and honestly not quite related to the main goal (perhaps it needs to be some simpler version of the main goal, or early steps toward taking over political position?). And a few more subgoals won't hurt.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
David

Post by David »

I've only tried a bit of the "Towards a Better Quality of Life" scenario. And generally not that different from my standard "taking over" all cities with my part mayors playthrough, and not that difficult (for me at least, since I've been playing CES DLC a lot).
Hopefully the scenarios together will give new players of the DLC more varied goals to achieve, thus delivering more fun than just the standard goal in the custom game.
Although, I would guess the main population goal will be more difficult for other players if they don't familiar with how to grow population efficiently.
That's true.
And the subgoal of 600m revenue, 60m profit is probably too easy, really not much of a challenge and honestly not quite related to the main goal (perhaps it needs to be some simpler version of the main goal, or early steps toward taking over political position?).
We will increase the goal targets. (probably double the values in all the DLC scenarios)
And a few more subgoals won't hurt.
We are thinking about adding a subgoal for achieving a certain "Influence Score" target. (The Influence score can be viewed on the Score interface.) What do you think? What is your influence score in the games you have played? What target value for the Influence Score do you think will be appropriate for the scenarios?
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

David wrote: We are thinking about adding a subgoal for achieving a certain "Influence Score" target. (The Influence score can be viewed on the Score interface.) What do you think? What is your influence score in the games you have played? What target value for the Influence Score do you think will be appropriate for the scenarios?
I never paid attention to the influence score in my games, and I have to roll back to old patches to load the influence score screen.
influence score.jpg
influence score.jpg (645.26 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
This is from the 2 million population city "challenge" save, and I already have 10 cities all under my control, and QoL above 90 in all cities, besides 2 new cities, all have >1 million population, largest over 2.2. And I still only has "1," point (but 1,023 score apparently, I think the "1, point" is a string cat error)

I honestly have no idea what influence score means and how it is calculated, the help dialog says each city's mayor is my party and its QoL influence the score and contribute 50% (but as party leader I can not be a mayor, at least not directly when there are still available persons around, Right?)
David

Post by David »

There is likely to be some bugs in this. Could you please provide me with your save game file that you used for capturing the above screenshots?
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

It's over 10mb so I'll put a link below
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q4ayeq8i2w7r7 ... 9.SAV?dl=0
It's on ver 4.2.10
David

Post by David »

We have improved the scenarios by increasing the target values for the revenue and profit goals and added the Influence score subgoal.

You may download the latest patch v4.3.02 from:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 989#p17989

You can see the help text about the Influence score by hovering your mouse over the '?' icon on the screen as shown in the below screenshot.
Attachments
curInfluenceScore.jpg
curInfluenceScore.jpg (315.5 KiB) Viewed 1637 times