Maximum employees?

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Tobbesson

Maximum employees?

Post by Tobbesson »

In a modded game my game crashed because I had too many employees. I was playing Real World Mod and I had also added a few extra products. I was setting up factories and had every possible farm. Naturally my employees were well over 100000. Is there a way to remove the cap on employees? Because I would love to get a "perfect" game (every single product, every R&D etc) in a game with 700 products.

Thanks in advance.
chengtsai
Level 4 user

Re: Maximum employees?

Post by chengtsai »

not sure but one time I had 400,000 employees.
Tobbesson

Post by Tobbesson »

The crash message was about employees so I'm sure it was too much staff that was causing the crash. But I would like to go for a super large game! :)
chengtsai
Level 4 user

Post by chengtsai »

Please define a SUPER large game for me.
For example, a number of employees, stores, factories, or revenue and profit.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We will investigate the crash problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.
Tobbesson

Post by Tobbesson »

chengtsai wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:17 am Please define a SUPER large game for me.
For example, a number of employees, stores, factories, or revenue and profit.
I created two extra cities, so 9 cities. In all nine cities I had every single farm product (which in my game is 84 * 9+ 24*9 for livestock etc), some of the farms are doubles since I need more sugar, corn, leather, wool, cotton and so on. I had every raw material over 60 in every city. I had R&D for every product. Obviously every media center, controlled all cities etc. I can't get the game up anymore (more on that below), but I already dominated 23 of 39 product classes, including FOOD which is 69 products in my game (so 69*9 factories ranging from small to large depending on market size plus the semi products that go into some of the food products). The profit was a bit higher than 19 billion per year, but I wasn't maximising profit yet (since I was still expanding into other product classes). My character was topping the top 100 with over 200 billion in worth. Looking now at a different game in which I am dominating 227 products, means that the game in question must have dominated more products. I think i was in the 2000s in factories. Stores? How do you count stores? Seems like it will take a long time. In the other game I have 80 mega stores, 26 jewelry stores, 36 genereal stores, 66 fruit shops, 31 footwear stores, 32 flower shops and so on. The game I'm talking about is larger than that.

David wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:08 am We will investigate the crash problem.

Could you please provide us with your save game file and let us know the following?
1) Which version of Capitalism Lab you are using. You can see the version number on the top-right of the main menu.
2) The exact steps for triggering the bug with the save game
3) If your savegame uses a MOD, please let us know the name of the MOD and the MOD's version number.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

You may provide us with your save game file by posting it here on the forum as a ZIP file attachment or emailing the save game file to us at info@enlight.com.
I will dig it up. It was/is on my second computer and both cap and the mod is "outdated" (although still from dec 2017/ jan2018). I created another large factory and it crashed and the message was: "Too many employees" something. The mod is Real World mod, but I've added products as well. Now I can't load the file since I've updated the mod since and I don't know how to get back the exact same mod file (I update everything: products, manufactoring, farms, talents, buildings, cities, politcal parties, billionaires etc). I could give you the save game (or at least the one I think it is). But I don't know if you'd be able to do much with it. Do you still want it? Or should we wait to see if this was just a "one off"-thing? I'm currently playing a game which will either have the same fate or it will not (which will render the previous crash a single occurance).

Sorry about the lenghty post. Great game!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

If the crash can be replicated after loading your save game, and there is a way to download the old version of the mod that your save game used, then I should be able to test it.
Tobbesson

Post by Tobbesson »

David wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:24 am If the crash can be replicated after loading your save game, and there is a way to download the old version of the mod that your save game used, then I should be able to test it.
I understand that I am shooting myself in the foot now, but I don't think there is a way anymore. Because I just moved on and re-modded the mod several times since, removing and adding objects. I have no idea which version I used and now I can't load the save-file (problem with firma.cpp - so I guess it's to do with retail stores). Anyway that's not a problem. If there isn't a maximum number of employees then it's really not a problem, and the crash(es) was caused by someting else. The game I'm currently playing will probably test the maximum limit of employees (if there is any) anyway. Thanks for the replies though, very kind!