Swap stock assets

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
Way2co0l
Level 2 user

Swap stock assets

Post by Way2co0l »

So, I know the limitations to prevent your character and your corporation and your subsidiaries from buying stocks where another such entity already has holdings are there to prevent certain exploits and such, but it's kind of annoying when a situation comes up where you want to have one entity make a move to buy up stocks but can't do it because another currently holds some. Ideally, the simplest way to resolve this issue would just be to make a strait swap of stock assets the way you would any other physical asset in game. Your subsidiary has a retail store you want? They have a media building you'd prefer another one of your subsidiaries to have? It's a pretty straightforward process to resolve those issues by just transferring the assets to the other at cost, and I feel it should work the same for stocks. For example, if my CEO character happens to have a position in a company, but I later decide I want to make a move to try to acquire the company, then I can simply transfer all the stock to my main company at value so that I can continue buying up the desired company from there. At present, my only option is to sell the stocks from my character first, which usually prompts another company to swoop in and grab them immediately and jacking the price up even further in the process, which makes the entire process of buying up the rest of the needed stocks an additional ordeal. But if I could just straight swap them to my desired entity, at cost, without any stock price movement, then I feel like it resolves the issue while still fulfilling the purpose of avoiding those specific exploits it's there to avoid.