News system suggestion

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
Frenchminster

News system suggestion

Post by Frenchminster »

Hello fellow capitalists! n_n

I find the news system to be quite clunky. I like the popup window when a new technology is discovered and I would like to see such popup for every single news that happen, with the face of the CEO, name of the company and his color, I think it would give a better feel of what is going on in other corporations and who's doing what and where. Of course, it would be very "spammy" I understand, I think it would be a nice system only if we were able to filter which corporation we want news about. I find it hard to follow what my competitors are doing with the three ridiculous lines at the bottom of the screen that get unreadable if I put the speed above level 1. I like the financial news for stock trading it's nice, but it would be even nicer with filters for corporations I do not care about. I think it would also be nice to have news about trade, like have a notification when a corporation starts buying things from you and when it stops.

What do you people think ? Do you even read the news ?
williammgary1
Level 3 user

Re: News system suggestion

Post by williammgary1 »

What about a newspaper session in the menu? Where the game pause and you can read (flip-through) news briefings. Maybe like a Monthly Summary as well.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

I would suggest that you create a poll with several options of implementing a new news system. We shall then see which option the community is more interested in.
Frenchminster

Post by Frenchminster »

I'll do it shortly
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

I agree and I read every single piece of news. However I need detailed filters and automatic pause after certain events.
I mean that I will vote for news system like the one implemented in games by Paradox.