L-mouse click seems to inc/dec price by a random number

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Kryul

L-mouse click seems to inc/dec price by a random number

Post by Kryul »

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here. But trying to set prices for products are a bit hit and miss.

I realise/think a single L-mouse click on either the [+] or [-] is to increase or decrease the price by one and a R-mouse click does the same but by a larger amount.
Now my problem is that a single L-mouse click seems to increment/decrement by a seemingly random number and not one. Although it is in the right price direction.
The latest update isn't the problem though. It's been happening since I started playing the game a few updates back.

Is this by design? or am I having some sort of problem with it on my side. Mouse maybe ???
Last edited by Kryul on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Re: L-mouse click seems to inc/dec price by a random number

Post by mwyeoh »

Hi kryul

From my experience, a left click changes it enough to affect your overall rating by 1 point, whereas a right click changes it by a factor of 10 (usually between 7-10 rating points)
Purifier
Level 4 user

Post by Purifier »

Is this maybe as i described in my topic in beta test feedback:

http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... f=10&t=660

Although this started in my game since the latest 1.960 patch
Kryul

Post by Kryul »

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick response.

Purifier,
I do think that your problem is the same from what you described. If indeed it is a problem and not a game design.

mwyeoh,
I went back and checked out your explanation. What you said seems to be what is happening alright.
So it seems to be game design.
Although it doesn't make sense, to me anyway,
to have inc/dec click spots for/near the Price when it is really changing the Overall Rating figure by one, granted the price aswell indirectly.

I would think a better and more obvious option would be,
that it should adjust the price by one each L-click and if that change is enough to affect Overall Rating then so be. Change the Overall rating.
Just my thoughts on it anyway.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Left-clicking increases/decreases 1% of the current price in most cases.

Right-clicking increases/decreases 10% of the current price in most cases.

This makes it more convenient to increase/decrease prices of expensive products like cars, than just -$1, +$1 each time.
Kryul

Post by Kryul »

Hi David,

Thanks for the official explanation of what is going on with this.
I have to say it was driving me nuts when trying to price match with the AI and finding it almost impossible in most cases.

Since the price can now be changed quickly by keeping the [+] [-] pressed. Might I suggest another idea on this.
Change the L-click to adjust by +/-$1 and the R-Click continue to adjust by +/-10% of the price. This I think would allow fast and more accurate price setting.

Having said that though now that I know what is going on, the game mechanic as is, is a good compromise for high and low priced goods.
Might I suggest maybe a tooltip to explain what is going on in game would be a good idea for this as it is not obvious by any stretch of the imagination to most people.