How to add "|" and "~" automatically

This forum is for those of you who are interested in localizing the game text in Capitalism Lab into your native language on your own
torajiro
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

How to add "|" and "~" automatically

Post by torajiro »

Hi, I made a program that automatically adds "|" and "~". These are needed when translating.
* This is not a translation tool.
caplab trans merge.zip
(9.17 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
By using this, you can add | and ~ to the original sentence and the translated sentence at once.
Of course you can use any language.

-How to use-

STEP1. Please prepare a translation.
GG1.png
GG1.png (27.47 KiB) Viewed 8605 times
STEP2. Launch the software and paste the original text on the left and the translation on the right.
* Please be careful that both lines are the same.
GG2.png
GG2.png (7.75 KiB) Viewed 8605 times
STEP3.Click Create to create a "new trans.txt" file.
GG3.png
GG3.png (9.37 KiB) Viewed 8605 times
STEP4.Paste the contents into translate.txt.

This program is compatible with Windows 8.1 or 10.

-Technique-

I use a spreadsheet to translate the original and translated text side by side so that the lines are the same.

P.S.
This software is safe as it contains no viruses.
Also, the source code is not encrypted, so it can be analyzed.
Last edited by torajiro on Tue May 26, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: How to add "|" and "~" automatically

Post by paulwoman »

Thank you for this very useful tool. It makes it easy to translate "missing" words.
paulwoman wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 10:19 pm I propose a collaboration to create the different languages available in the world. See the link http://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewto ... =22&t=7592
Also, I did some tests. This generates a "new trans.txt" file in the folder where the software is located.

The ideal on the "long term" and in order to optimize the support of the translation would be to have the software that

1) Directly generates a file called "translate.txt".

2) Allows you to choose if you want to put the file in the folder generated by the "release" and the beta version. It would be installed automatically no matter where the software is located.

3) Detects directly the words already translated in the translate file. It would also be possible to generate an "excel" or googlesheet file.

4) We "give him" an excel or googlesheet file and he puts directly the words of the file.

5) In the long term, we could imagine a software that directly retrieves the words to be translated on a server with the available translations. You would then just have to launch the software, choose the target language, and it automatically generates the file.

6) In the same vein, I imagine a program that could compare two translate.txt files that would prevent or erase duplicates.