Real Estate DLC: Land Auction game design #1

Suggestions for new DLC projects.

Do you like this design?

Yes
77%
Some parts only (please comment which parts you like)
5%
No
18%

Total votes: 22

Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Land Auction game design

Post by Arcnor »

David wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 6:04 am
Arcnor wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 3:18 am I like the general outline of this idea. One thing I do not is that it seems to be dependent on the City DLC.

I personally don't play very often with the City DLC because I don't like not having the world map nor the smaller city sizes.
Just wanted to mention that it is possible to replace the fictional names of cities with real names in a mod. The file that stores the fictional city names for the CES DLC is \MOD_KIT\Data\Fictional_Cities.DBF

As for city sizes, it is possible to grow a city up to 1-2 million population in CES DLC. What it lacks in sheer population size, it makes up for in much more detailed simulation of city economy. (FYI: https://www.capitalismlab.com/ces-dlc/u ... imulation/) The decisions you make as a mayor or a corporate CEO will have more impactful effects on the local economy and population growth.
Good to know.

Any way I can mod back in the normal world map?
Kristo
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Re: Real Estate DLC: Land Auction game design

Post by Kristo »

If this means adding "Zoning" in the game, i'm voting Yes. Zoning or city planing is good feature and will add more depth in the game in my opinion. I think it should be added, and the players should also have the option to select yes/no to auctions.
Also also - auction should be added for more things in the future, but that's for another discussion.

ps: the "zones" are already explained in the comments, but i can add that - a "free" zone to be available - where you can build everything. Industrial and farming zones - to not be close to each other. For example:
- Urban zone: only retail, homes, apartment buildings, civil/sports buildings
- Business zone: only retail, offices, media firms, gov buildings, banks, internet firms, HQ, RnD firms etc
- Industrial zone: only factories, mines, oil wells, RnD etc.
- Farming zone: only farms
- Sub-urban zone: everything is available, except factories and NRF
- Private zone: only mansions with possible civil/sports buildings
- Preserve zone: everything is forbidden here, gov use if for a national park
- Free zone: everything is available here
- Development zone: zone, selected by the Gov, that they'll use in the future for new business district/new city center. You can buy plots there, but building something will be available only after a goverment order in time. For example the Gov select large zone for development, you buy in, and in 6 years they allow people to build in there, basically turning Development zone into Business zone/Urban zone.

also: when bidding, you should be able to see what kind of zone, you're bidding for. Also: you should host your own auctions for your own land plots.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Real Estate DLC: Land Auction game design

Post by David »

Thanks for the suggestion.

Did you mean that a corporation should be able to do 'zoning" to land that it owns?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Real Estate DLC: Land Auction game design #1

Post by David »

As of this writing, this design didn't gain enough traction. I took a cue from the community's lack of interest in this design and set up another poll with an alternative design at viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7719#p32524