Inflation in billionair list

Suggestions that have been implemented were moved to the this subforum.
ruudt
Level 2 user

Inflation in billionair list

Post by ruudt »

Maybe an option to have a automatic inflation correction on the "biljonairs list". At this moment the list is static, but you also have no reference how "rich" you are in the view of that time.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Inflation in billionair list

Post by David »

In the next patch, on the Billionaire List, the billionaires’ wealth will rise with inflation.
Njeroe
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by Njeroe »

David wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:03 pm In the next patch, on the Billionaire List, the billionaires’ wealth will rise with inflation.
This should be moved to implemented suggestions subforum then?
nejxis
Level 3 user

Post by nejxis »

if you use inverse inflation, it would still be accurate.
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by paulwoman »

nejxis wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:03 am if you use inverse inflation, it would still be accurate.
What do you mean by "still be accurate"?

I think that in reality it's difficult to choose a method to make billionaires lose or gain value based on inflation or deflation.

Look at what's happening right now: in spite of a global demand at half-mast, some companies are managing to do well and have never had as much market capitalization as they do today.

I think that in reality it's difficult to choose a method to make billionaires lose or gain value based on inflation or deflation.

Look at what's happening right now: in spite of a global demand at half-mast, some companies are managing to do well and have never had as much market capitalization as they do today.
cantdownloadit
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

i don't really see the need for the change, the reference of how rich you are at the time is how rich you are compared to the other AI's in game and as such i would only really look at the "Local Billionaires" rating when playing

As Paulwoman said having the billionaires fortunes spike massively in wealth is no real guide to how rich you are and no real way to simulate it.

Furthermore the wealth can vary massively depending on your game settings, playing on silly settings while testing things in 1 game i managed a net worth of 4 trillion in 20 years, so unless the list also reflects the game settings i dont see any benefit.
buells
Level 4 user

Post by buells »

It is just for fun, but I think this is a good idea.
nejxis
Level 3 user

Post by nejxis »

paulwoman wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:58 am
nejxis wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:03 am if you use inverse inflation, it would still be accurate.

By accurate I mean that if you play the game with inflation on, you will end up on top of the list easily, however with inverse inflation settings it is calculated differently, not sure how to explain this.

But from my understanding it means that his 65billion in 2000 has the same purchasing power as 65billion in 2050.

So I personally always use inverse inflation to play, so the comparison is not based on actual USD but rather purchasing power. So if i reach a trillion in 50 years I know that I was better than bill gates in terms of inflation.

My Suggestion is not inflation, but rather connect the billionaires list to the global stock exchange list, so they will fluctuate according to the market aswell and will recieve any dividends the company might give.)

So for example, bill gates owns 8% of microsoft or whatever.