1.971 choosing COO to run businesses sometimes fails

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
City Builder
Level 5 user

1.971 choosing COO to run businesses sometimes fails

Post by City Builder »

Hey,

So I was playing a game and decided to hire a COO and for the most part assigning her to run individual businesses worked okay, but then all of a sudden clicking on my image would bring up the dialog to choose who is to run that business and clicking on the COO option would do nothing but click the option. Sometimes I'd have to click it 4 to 10 times to finally get it to register that I wanted her to run the business, and then when I clicked on my own option to run all businesses it would also not register and I'd have to click my own option 4 to 10 times to get it to register. Also when I tried to cancel it took multiple clicks to get the cancel option to register as well. When it did finally cancel or I was able to assign the COO to the business I'd be back in the game and it would be running fine, anything else that I would click on registered fine and the game seemed to be working perfectly normal, but when I'd choose another business to assign to her, it would be the same situation again.

It's like the game was working fine other than this option wasn't registering with the normal one click to assign the COO to run the individual business. It wasn't only stuck on one individual business, I tried it on multiple businesses and it was the same thing, I'd have to click anywhere from 4 to 10 times to get it to register her as the individual to run the business.

It eventually cleared up and started to accept registering her to run businesses with one click again, but maybe it's something that you might want to look into and or maybe some of the other players might check it out to see if they can duplicate this weirdness.

The game wasn't very far in, so it's not like I had a ton of businesses, maybe 12 or so, and I don't believe it was much more than about maybe 6 to 12 years into the game (yes, I play very slowly).

As I mentioned it cleared up on it's own so while I have a save game, it's no longer doing it.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: 1.971 choosing COO to run businesses sometimes fails

Post by David »

Did anybody else also encounter this problem?