Error FirmRes:::operator[] [Solved]

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Pietro
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Error FirmRes:::operator[] [Solved]

Post by Pietro »

Hello !

I need help to understand this error :
caplab error 2BIS.png
caplab error 2BIS.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1388 times

This error occurs seemingly randomly after some time in the game and some conditions that i can't precise all that much. It's also happening when i'm afk. so it must be some AI actions.

What i was trying to do is adding modded retail store. I noticed the AI builds them while not triggering the error. So i thought i did well. But the error occured after some time.
This error occurs sometimes very fast like in the first or second year of the game, sometimes after 12 years or so if you change disabled products. Which makes it difficult to test if a change i make is solving the problem.

Maybe it has nothing to do with the retail store and i made an error a previous day and didn't noticed.

The retail and building.dbf in question look like this :
caplab data.png
caplab data.png (12.89 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
I have changed it many times for tests this is just one variation. The problem doesn't seem to occur when i only assign them all the LEATHER class, or when use 0 custom retail store.

I know when you create an empty class of product (by mistake) it create a similar error with "Item.Res":::operator[0]. This one says "Firm.Res" operator[] So i assumed it is related to building.

Here is the rest of the data files
Data.zip
(127.15 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
in case. It shouldn't be the images since i've used them for a bit before the error shows up.

Any idea ? :)
Last edited by Pietro on Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Error FirmRes:::operator[]

Post by David »

We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your MOD file?

You can email the MOD file to us at info@enlight.com.
Pietro
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by Pietro »

Thank you for your response.

I have sent the MOD file using wetransfer.com

Here is another link valid a few times in case https://filetransfer.io/data-package/He7Vq2G1#link

And i would always be willing to send one if someone else were to ask me by forum message once the link expired.

I must precise that i get the error show on the first post when i try using the mod with the caplab release 7.1.18 version.

When i try to use the mod with caplab post release 8.0.01, the mod either do not appear in the list, or the game is unable to access the modlist and instead says the program has stopped functionning depending on the text file.

I'm using a temporary (hopefully) modified version where all the new stores are leather store and all product are leather product and it loads and run for years ( no error in 30 years) . This way i can test other images for buildings but it prevent me from playing with additionnal production chains for the time being.
3dmodel
Level 2 user

Post by 3dmodel »

Similar situation. Added new goods to the mod, an error occurs when trying to start the game. Version 7.1.18
Attachments
Screenshot_25.png
Screenshot_25.png (1.84 MiB) Viewed 1361 times
Pietro
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by Pietro »

I had not seen the methodRes error during my experiment so i cańt help all that much, your error occur during game start-up, have you tried testing without some product until it launch to try and find out what lines are problematic?
I understand it can be very long if some categories are sharing intermediate product.

i have tried adding morphine product to DRUG class and heroin product made from morphine in IDRUGS because i know you can sell chicken or make chicken soup. The error shows up fast when i only enable IDRUGS, usually not even 5 years but in this case the other DRUG class is automatically re-enabled and AI sell cough syrup.

I have done other things i wasńt sure but usually i test after each small addition if game launch and every 4 hours or so i launch à game where ai play years.

During such ai run i saw the error for 1rst time. If i revert the 4 hours change no more errors. If i only try to add retail store back after i revert to previous version, then errors shows up with some product class i modified.

The error messages are not very helpful in this case but when playing a test game instead of AI i will save the game very often to try and win and if the error show up again maybe i will have à save game just before to investigate and if the error doesńt reproduce after the save then it à not à big error for me
David

Post by David »

3dmodel wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:44 pm Similar situation. Added new goods to the mod, an error occurs when trying to start the game. Version 7.1.18
We will investigate the problem.

Could you please provide us with your MOD file?

You can email the MOD file to us at info@enlight.com.
David

Post by David »

The Firm_res[] error has been fixed. Please download the latest patch v7.1.19 from https://www.capitalism2.com/forum/viewt ... f=7&t=8514