Resource: Altered Building Graphics for Modders

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Brutus
Level 4 user

Resource: Altered Building Graphics for Modders

Post by Brutus »

Hey guys, I made a few alterations to some default building assets which may come in handy to other modders or those who simply prefer these alternative assets.

There's 3 alternative buildings assets in this zip file.

AlternativeBuildings.zip
(508.52 KiB) Downloaded 174 times

Assets:
1. (Alternative) Furniture Store, which does not have the ''Furniture'' letters posted on the front.
2. (Alternative) Medium Warehouse, which does not have any boxes on the side of the building.
3. (Alternative) Large Warehouse. which does not have the big W-37 letters slapped on the front.

AlternativeBuildingsPreview.png
AlternativeBuildingsPreview.png (330.92 KiB) Viewed 1802 times

All assets come with an appropriate alternative icon and the main building files are prepackaged with a compiler to plug it into a mod if you so desire. I expect you to be able to use these assets accordingly by renaming them or plugging them in and be able put the icon in its correct folder without wondering why it doesn't come with a compiler ;)

These assets were altered to allow a more ''generic'' type of store/warehouse. It bothered me that there was a W-37 sign on every large warehouse as if every warehouse is warehouse number 37 ... I removed the boxes from the medium warehouse so that the asset could be used as a potential packaging facility rather than the heavy industrial factories which come with the default game. The Furniture store had its store name taken out so it can also be used as a generic store for other types of goods rather than it always being designated as a ''Furniture'' store even when you are selling hardware in it for example. All assets have appropriate smaller assets for each size increment (Small and Medium sized). I daresay that the quality of the smaller versions is even better than the defaults provided by the game thanks to an improved minimization method which retains the detail on smaller images. If you have any problems with the images themselves or criticism plz let me know down below.

Enjoy!
paulwoman
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: Resource: Altered Building Graphics for Modders

Post by paulwoman »

Brutus wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:11 pm It bothered me that there was a W-37 sign on every large warehouse as if every warehouse is warehouse number 37 ...
Personally, I prefer Warehouse 13. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warehouse_13 :lol:
Pietro
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Re: Resource: Altered Building Graphics for Modders

Post by Pietro »

Hey i was inspired to make a larger factory made out of small factories for anyone to use, it has now a 5x5 footprint instead of the 4x4 for other large factories and look like this in game :

5x5 Factory.png
5x5 Factory.png (1.63 MiB) Viewed 1377 times

The 3 different sizes and the icon image are in the zip folder :
55FACT01.zip
(530.56 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

I'm not sure it's as good as the original i added some trees to hide the places where the copy paste didn't look good , i'm open to advice.