Open Data Access for Capitalism Lab

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
steveguo1984

Open Data Access for Capitalism Lab

Post by steveguo1984 »

Dear Developers
Background
I am a big fan of Capitalism 2 since I was in middle school when my knowledge was not enough to fully understand the game. But the game helped me understand how a company runing, from basic operation to MRP calculation, and integration between operation and finance. All those inspired me to be an expert on Enterprise Application. And now I help my company building enterprise applications costs hundreds of millions dollars.
Recently I found the new version of this game, and played it a bit. I noticed it is much more reall compare to the old version and lots of advanced stregery cab be used.
But there is one thing I can say toally not simulate the real business, is the accessiblity of data.
All the big companies in the world is or will be data dtiven, and no campany can make wise decision based on report the game provided.
I made some excell based report for demand planning, supply chain planing and production planning, it help me make wise decision every time. But then I stopped, because it is tidious that I need to check the data in the game and input it in to my excell sheet.
If you consider the reall business persion, who is working at finance or operation position, their daily job is not look the number but research on numbers using tools like Power BI, Tableau, or SAP.
Based on that point, I have suggestions as below
Suggestion
Generally, the game should help user able to create customized report or planning tools to help user name data driven decision.
There are different approaches
1.Create custom report tool in the game --- not ideal, you are not a BI tools company
2.Provide APi, or other approach make other tools can access the data - not ideal, that required users have strong programming skill
3.Provide various functions that can download operational data into csv file, or automatically dump data into csv files in certail folder - recommended
this approach is easy to achieve, and have no impact to the game. after user get the data, they can import data to other tools for further analysis.
The data shold include
Proudct master
BOM data
Firm master data
Total consumer sales data per city/month/product
Consumer sales / production/ inventory data per unit per day
capcity data for each unit per day
Benefit
1. That allow the development team focus on the core function and the community will take care of how to understand the data
2. That will trigger more advanced way of playing this game
3. That will help you open a whole new market - Data Analysis education, including both business part and technical part. As a kind of expert in this area, I have never seen better living data set for data analysis demo
Cost
1.This will not cost a lot for your team, just dump the data in the game .

How do you think ?
steveguo1984

Re: Open Data Access for Capitalism Lab

Post by steveguo1984 »

By the way I have just checked lots of suggestions around improve data visibility in the form, and I can see there is no end of this kind of requirement. My idea could help you solve everything. After the data is able to access, there could be lots of excel / google sheet shared in the community for customer reporting purpose :)
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

these are very good ideas, a must do

bunlar çok iyi fikirler, mutlaka yapılmalı
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rafaeltodero »

Very interesting, I liked the idea.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

You must definitely be an SAP consultant, the way you have worded your objects and functionalities.

I like the way you do your analysis.😁

Although it seems unlikely to split the game into a 3-tier system with connections to a business warehouse, your idea is very nice as it will allow much flexibility in analysis.
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

Merhaba,
5 banka yöneticisi ile Capitalizm Lab Banking DLC ​​oynadım. Banking DLC'yi beğendiler, ancak bazı eksiklikler gördüler; Aşağıya yazdım:
A- Bankanın vereceği kredi türleri çeşitlendirilmeli;
örneğin: 1-konut kredisi, 2-ticari yapı kredisi, 3-eğitim kredisi,
4-Firmalara kredi: Banka sektörlere verdiği kredi yüzdesini ayarlayabilmelidir.
Örneğin Ev aksesuarları için %15, tekstil için %20 ve otomotiv sektörü için toplam mevduatın %65'i.

B-Sektörel Yoğunlaşma Olmalı:
Banka, vereceği kredileri kredi türlerine göre belirli bir yüzdeye göre dağıtmalıdır.
Örneğin bankanın vereceği kredilerin %10'unu konut kredisi, %5'ini eğitim kredisi, %25'ini ticari bina kredisi olarak,
%5'ini otomotiv sektöründeki firmalara vermeyi planlayabilmelidir. .

C- Bankanın gelir kaynakları çeşitlendirilmelidir.
Şu anda bankanın sadece faiz geliri var.
faiz geliri, gelir bankacılık işlemlerinden: bankanın gelir örneği vb EFT, hesap işletim ücreti ...

D-takiben banka ve kredi vadelerinin tarafından toplanan mevduatın vade denkliği a olarak verilecek performans göstergesi.
Örneğin, banka 1 yıl vadeli olarak topladığı mevduatı 1 yıl vadeli kredi vermek için kullanıyor mu?
Yoksa 1 yıl vadeli topladığı mevduatı 3 yıl vadeli kredi vermek için mi kullanıyor?
Bu önemli bir sorun.
steveguo1984

Post by steveguo1984 »

Maverick wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:28 am You must definitely be an SAP consultant, the way you have worded your objects and functionalities.

I like the way you do your analysis.😁

Although it seems unlikely to split the game into a 3-tier system with connections to a business warehouse, your idea is very nice as it will allow much flexibility in analysis.
Yes I am a sap consultant:)
DopamineSim

Post by DopamineSim »

good idea