Why would I use a drug store over a convenience store?

General discussions about the release versions of Capitalism Lab
kakao

Why would I use a drug store over a convenience store?

Post by kakao »

Both stores are same size, cost the same and have a demand bonus. The Convenience store is better because it can sell more products and the more stores of the same type you build the more demand bonus. So why would I ever use a Drug store?

Is there any hard data that drug stores are better at anything?
mrgarrettscott
Level 4 user

Re: Why would I use a drug store over a convenience store?

Post by mrgarrettscott »

The drug store isn't better at anything and there is no reason to use it other than variety. The real problem is with the plethora of products that be sold in convenience stores and that only grows more powerful when you add in the Real World Mod.
Brutus
Level 4 user

Post by Brutus »

Drugs should probably be taken out of convenience stores product list so the drug store doesn't become irrelevant. :lol:
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Brutus wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:16 pm Drugs should probably be taken out of convenience stores product list so the drug store doesn't become irrelevant. :lol:
I have forwarded this suggestion to the dev team.
mohmaaytah
Level 3 user

Post by mohmaaytah »

While they serve no gameplay purpose over a convenience store, I use drug stores more to organize myself and it is easier to track than having multitudes of convenience stores.
Brutus
Level 4 user

Post by Brutus »

mohmaaytah wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:15 pm While they serve no gameplay purpose over a convenience store, I use drug stores more to organize myself and it is easier to track than having multitudes of convenience stores.
That's true, I do the same, however it is very tempting when starting out to supplement your convenience stores with drugs if no other products are available. Drugs should really not be part of convenience stores for gameplay reasons. There's also the chain bonus to consider. If drugs can be sold at a convenience store it means there is actually a negative reason to use the drug store building if you already have convenience stores because you can benefit more from using the convenience stores chain bonus you already have. Making the drug store the only store that can sell drugs means there is actually a use for it and a reason to build a chain of them.
JayLiemy

Post by JayLiemy »

I'm new to this forum, but I wanted to chime in on this post. While drug and convenience stores may seem similar in real life, there are some key differences. Drug stores typically have a wider range of health and wellness products, including prescription, over-the-counter, and supplements. You can use the best prescription discount card there as well.
Drug stores may also offer services like flu shots, blood pressure screenings, and other health-related tests. While convenience stores may be more convenient for grabbing a quick snack or drink, drug stores can be a better option if you're looking for specific health products or services.