How to correctly identify an error?

This forum is for those of you who are interested in localizing the game text in Capitalism Lab into your native language on your own
Bassfordd
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

How to correctly identify an error?

Post by Bassfordd »

During the translation testing, we encountered several errors in the translated text, and a few of them throws errors like this:
image.png
image.png (8.25 KiB) Viewed 3287 times
We managed to repair a few, but want to know if there is a way of knowing what happens looking at that error message, because I don't know what route and what file is referring, and that line...from what file? In this case....button.cpp?

Are error logs generated somewhere,so I can track the errors better?
Bassfordd
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: How to correctly identify an error?

Post by Bassfordd »

By the way, that error is in tutorial 4, linking an advertising unit with the product. Didn't tested in English version without the localisation, but I assume this error is product of the localisation, somewhere is an error. Maybe in the script?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

You may send me your translated files here at the forum or email me at info@enlight.com and I will ask the programmer to trace the problem, after the Easter holidays.
Bassfordd
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by Bassfordd »

Solved! We managed to identify the error.

The game crashes if the descriptions are too long.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Would you want to include the beta version of Spanish translation in the upcoming CapLab post-release beta version 9.0.00?

If so, please PM or email me the translation files at info@enlight.com and I will ask the dev team to create a Spanish language option on the language selection screen of CapLab.
Bassfordd
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by Bassfordd »

Already posted a link for the localisation in the Spanish localisation thread, as you already know.

I will keep updating the localisation and probably will use that same thread to post the new link of the new releases.