How do macroeconomic indicators work?

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

How do macroeconomic indicators work?

Post by mdemircan2 »

Hi David, Something caught my attention in the simulation.
In the simulation, when the economy goes into recession, the balance sheets of companies and municipalities seem solid, for example, they don't have credit debts in general... then why is there a recession?
it seems as if there is no clear relationship between the activities of the companies and the economic situation.
what is your opinion?

Merhaba David, Simülasyonda bir şey dikkatimi çekti.
Simülasyonda ekonomi resesyona girdiğinde şirketlerin ve belediyelerin bilançoları sağlam görünüyor mesela genel olarak kredi borçları yok... o zaman neden resesyon oluyor?
şirketlerin faaliyetleri ile ekonomik durum arasında net bir ilişki yok gibi görünüyor.
senin görüşün nedir?
rafaeltodero
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: How do macroeconomic indicators work?

Post by rafaeltodero »

When it goes into recession, what I see in the balance sheets of my company and others is that revenue tends to drop a lot.

When you go into a recession, it usually takes a while for you to notice the effects
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

rafaeltodero wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:54 pm When it goes into recession, what I see in the balance sheets of my company and others is that revenue tends to drop a lot.

When you go into a recession, it usually takes a while for you to notice the effects
Hi rafaeltodero, thank you for your interest in the topic.
As you said, the turnover and balance sheets of companies are shrinking as a result of the recession.
To rally the market, the central bank loosens monetary policy and releases the credit faucet.
However, most of the companies do not need such a loan. Because they have enough equity.
In the capitalism lab simulation, companies can continue to grow using very little bank loans.
In real life, a recession is often caused by an extraordinary state of credit defaults.
Eventually, the state or the Central bank (FED) takes over these debts and reflects it to the public as inflation. This is how the general operation should be. but in the capitalizm lab simulation, this situation is not obvious or seems to be absent.
Merhaba rafaeltodero, konuya ilgi gösterdiğin için teşekkür ederim.
dediğin gibi resesyon sonucu olarak firmların ciro ve bilançoları küçülüyor.
Piyasatı toparlamak için, Merkez bankası para politikasını gevşetip kredi musluğunu serbest bırakıyor.
fakat şirketlerin çok büyük bir kısmının böyle bir kredi kullanmaya ihtiyacı yok. Çünkü özsermayeleri yeterli.
Capitalizm lab simülasyonunda, şirketler banka kredisi çok az kullanarak büyümelerini sürdürebiliyolar.
Gerçek hayatta resesyon genellikle kredi batıklarının olağan üstü bir duruma gelmesinden kaynaklanır.
Sonunda devlet veya Merkez bankası (FED) bu borçları devralır ve halka enflasyon olarak yansıtır. Genel işleyiş böyle olması gerekiyor. fakat capitalizm lab simülasyonunda bu durum belirgin değil veya yok gibi.
mdemircan2
Level 4 user

Post by mdemircan2 »

mdemircan2 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:30 pm
rafaeltodero wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:54 pm When it goes into recession, what I see in the balance sheets of my company and others is that revenue tends to drop a lot.

Hi rafaeltodero, thank you for your interest in the topic.
As you said, the turnover and balance sheets of companies are shrinking as a result of the recession.
To rally the market, the central bank loosens monetary policy and releases the credit faucet.
However, most of the companies do not need such a loan. Because they have enough equity.
In the capitalism lab simulation, companies can continue to grow using very little bank loans.
In real life, a recession is often caused by an extraordinary state of credit defaults.
Eventually, the state or the Central bank (FED) takes over these debts and reflects it to the public as inflation. This is how the general operation should be. but in the capitalizm lab simulation, this situation is not obvious or seems to be absent.
Merhaba rafaeltodero, konuya ilgi gösterdiğin için teşekkür ederim.
dediğin gibi resesyon sonucu olarak firmların ciro ve bilançoları küçülüyor.
Piyasatı toparlamak için, Merkez bankası para politikasını gevşetip kredi musluğunu serbest bırakıyor.
fakat şirketlerin çok büyük bir kısmının böyle bir kredi kullanmaya ihtiyacı yok. Çünkü özsermayeleri yeterli.
Capitalizm lab simülasyonunda, şirketler banka kredisi çok az kullanarak büyümelerini sürdürebiliyolar.
Gerçek hayatta resesyon genellikle kredi batıklarının olağan üstü bir duruma gelmesinden kaynaklanır.
Sonunda devlet veya Merkez bankası (FED) bu borçları devralır ve halka enflasyon olarak yansıtır. Genel işleyiş böyle olması gerekiyor. fakat capitalizm lab simülasyonunda bu durum belirgin değil veya yok gibi.
@david
hello, are you intersted in this subject?